1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

oh no! Theyve taken over Cabela's

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Border Bandit, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

oh no! Theyve taken over Cabela

When a Master catalog hits our mail box it goes directly to the most prominent place in the "reading" room It's my practice to begin with the cover illustration and devour it page by page. Finally, on the inside back cover, page 339, top, (where they save the good stuff)there it was: "IT'S YOUR SECOND PAIR OF ARMS" It's a backpack that features a handy pouch thingey to carry your gun, or bow with a YKK zippered sent lock pouch to keep your bologna sammiches safe from the inquisitive noses of bears, who might eat you, since your gun is not available, locked away in the handy carry pouch. The big thing, though, beside the 3rd bullet point is this gem: "includes a 2-liter Source hydration reservoir". Wait! I thought, are they talking about a water bottle? Yep, apparently the same bastages that have control our society with their double talking obfuscation, have taken over at Cabela's as well.

best.... mike

2. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Wait a minute border bandit. I see several of our Wednesday night trap league shooters re-hydrating themselves with a beverage that is water based after they are done shooting, but it isn't water. Maybe they are trying to accommodate people who use other drinks for re-hydration. Maybe they got the idea from trap shooters.

3. Border Bandit

My mistake RemFan, for assuming that source hydration reservoir referred to water bottles only. One could envision all sorts of liquids being stored in said reservoir, although it seems somewhat presumptuous to assume the practice would have gotten it's beginnings with trap shooters. But, let's not get sidetracked with semantics, since it's the term, HYDRATION RESERVOIR, invented by the advertizing weenies to describe the vessel that was the source of my ire.

best..... mike

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It is to make it chic to the dumbed down masses to get them to buy something probably made in china for pennies for a highly inflated price

But it does say YKK zipper and I think they are still made in the states

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's great to have the best zippers made in the good ol' USA . . .

Even if they aren't.

But hydration concerns have taken hold in the "tactical" community and there's a MInnesota club where you can always see someone wearing a reservoir. There is that rumor, after all, that Canadians are massing to pour over the border and occupy the Mall of America with the predictable effect on our water resources. When that happens who is going to be laughing then, tell me mister smarty B Bandit!

Neil

6. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

I CAN NO LONGER SHOP AT CABELA'S

Gun Control. It has already started at Cabela's Sporting Goods Store.
    There was a bit of confusion at the Cabela’s Sporting Goods store this morning.
    When I was ready to pay for my purchases of gun powder and bullets... The cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."
    Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control whackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed. When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card-reader.

I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.
    They need to make their instructions to us seniors a little clearer!

I STILL DON'T THINK I LOOKED THAT BAD.

7. Border Bandit

Of course, it seems plausible that the source hydration reservoir would be, because of it's function, kidney shaped.

One would assume, correctly, I believe, that the mass of un-hydrated Canadians on their march to Bloomington, would never make it past Duluth, with it's plethora of breweries, both large & small. That, however is not the source of my long fermenting, seething anger directed towards those knuckleheads who keep re-naming simple functions and products, in the vain attempt to make the mundane somehow seem important, including themselves. It all started about 40 years ago when I, a lab chief, was directed by one of those morons to get myself over to Human Resources. When inquiring of my lab assistant what/where it was, the answer came back that it used to be called the personnel office. Who the hell were they to be ordering me around, they work for us, not the other way around.....apparently, not. And so, the continuing 40yrs war began..until 2006 when I gave up, bought a shotgun and began shooting clay targets, each one, in my mind's eye, with the likeness of an administrative nitwit plastered upon it. .....PULL!

best ....mike

8. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

The re-hydration pack is a bladder with a tube to suck the liquid, not a hard plastic 2 liter bottle. It compresses as the liquid is consumed.

But then you most likely called a bladder that you put hot water into a "hot water bottle". ;)

Jason

9. Mapper

Mapper Member

Just a couple of thoughts. First, the border crossing at International Falls is just a hoot north of a street with many watering spots. I doubt many Canadians would get much farther South than that. Second, my most used hydration implement is round and holds about fourteen ounces. I hope they have a compartment for it, or I ain't going.

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Surely this 2 liter item is not available in bloomberg's world.

11. TF

TF Active Member

Many of my friends tend to hydrate with only small amounts of water during the activity and then consume massive amounts of a water/grain based substance after activity has ceased.

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

By God Neil, I think you're right, no I know you're right. There is a club south of the north border, east of the west border and west of the east border, where at the end of the day NOBODY is going to feel faint due to the lack of hydration. Maybe weak in the knees due to indulgence but moderation is always recommended. And the liquid life saver of choice....

ithacagrade_2008_030365.jpg

Yeah Baby, the Blue Bag Club is a club within a club. But as you can see in the background some prefer Killebrew Root Beer. Maybe the designated driver??

Anyway, if you guys are getting dehydrated, stop by the Minneapolis Gun Club, AT THE END OF THE DAY, and wet your whistle. And shoot some Jackpot Trap while you're at it.

Jimmy Bowen

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I prefer to rehydrate with a barrel-aged distilled spirit, primarily from corn, that is produced from a small NE Kentucky County.

Wayne

14. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

BBandit,

I certainly hope that you can corral those pesky Canucks and keep them from traveling easterly from Duluth. Once they cross into the never never land of Upper Michigan, they might be hard to find. Whereas the local sport is the indulgence of a liquified grain and hops mixture. Said indulgence of this concoction, creates several symptoms, such memory loss, making ugly people beautiful etc. It has even been reported that it makes white guys think they can dance---WOW!. I can report happily that after such indulgence, I watched some guys trap shoot a couple of times. Geez.....I never seen so many guys that good at doubles in one place at one time. Mostly shot em both with one shot and rarely missed. JUST SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

Chuck