1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

oh no not Fielder

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slayer, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

So my tigers have bought another slugger. When will they ever learn that DEFENSE will get you to the promised land. Now they will have to move Miguel Cabrerra to third, where he hasn't played since 30 pounds ago. And will have to let go possibly the best fielding 3rd baseman in the division, Brandon Inge. This move will cost them many runs and games and $$$. IMHO Bill

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Inge is, was, will continue to be, a highly overated 3rd baseman and the 2nd worse hitter in the league. I suspect Leeland will work this out just fine...

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm just glad you got Fielder. I didn't want my team to pay for his ridiculously high contract and then be stuck with him long term. Hope he works out for your Tigers.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Power on the corners and defense up the middle, basic rule of winning baseball. It is also why your center fielder is better than your right or left fielder.

Caberra will knock in way more runs than he gives up. According to Leyland he has better hands and a better arm than no hit Inge.

Don

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I am glad he is gone! Just wish the Brewers would have traded him when he started winning about his contract. Terrible defensively, and I think he has a terrible uppercut swing. He may have the bat speed to make up for it now but give him a couple a years. Swings at high center plate and out pitches when the pressure is on. Evidently the Cardinal pitchers knew that. If he would listen to the hitting coaches and level his swing off he could maybe be as good a Pujols. He will never be as good out in the field though. You need a 300 plus average hitter to bat after him. Hits allot of solo home runs. I have to say he is pretty fast for his size. I guess we will see. I think he will be the highest, overpaid player in baseball. Maybe of all sports. Pujols would have been the better deal, even at his age.

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Alot of times a player gets a big contract, pretty much the end of them. Our Minnesota Twins have a couple of them.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Waah,Waaah, waaaaah....

8. rautdr

rautdr Member

Beg to differ. I think you're getting a hell of a ballplayer. Anytime you can add 120+ rbi's to your line-up it's a good thing. Last year he had nobody hitting behind him (as Mcgehee struggled) and he still knocked in a ton of runs for the crew.

A great team guy and leader with a good attitude to boot. Most of us here in Wisconsin are going to miss him. Good luck Prince an good luck Tigers.
    Dan from Wis.

9. JRW

JRW Member

Don't forget he can be a DH in the American league. Jerry

10. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I heard platoon at first/DH with Cabrerra.

We will miss him in Milwaukee. I think he is much more durable than many people think, but how long can the knees take playing at 270lbs??

Brewers can use $23mm a year for better rounded players over next seven years.

SW

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Don't fret. He'll show up and weigh in at 200#

12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I would be amazed if Cabrerra is as quick as Inge at third. I know he's still pretty young and would have a young man's reflexes, but to me he looks fat and out of shape. We don't need two Babe Ruth type hitters and it looks to me like that's where these two [Fielder and Cabreera] are going. How about somebody that can catch the ball in right and left field? Tigers will defintitely lead the division in errors this year. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.