1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh No $4.00 per gallon SOON

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Yep, big trucks and suv's are setting. I know two big dealerships who lost 2 million in Rv sales and no longer sell them. Any horses i can borrow to get me to the trap shoots? lol

2. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

The Dumocrats just passed an 18 billion dollar gas tax on us.

Arnie

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

We're paying $4.15/US gallon in Alberta now!!

4. smsnyder

are they out of there MIND.

5. smsnyder

I thank Calf is around $3.50 per gallon

6. smsnyder

how and the heck can a person earning minimum wage afford to drive to work? Health insurance is out of the question.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

We've got all the frikkin' oil up here but the gummint taxes the $hit out of it!!

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3.50-3.75 per gal in some areas of So California..

9. david

david Member

I paid $4.09 for diesel yesterday here in CA. Gas is 3.79-3-99 right now.

Ridiculous!

10. smsnyder

try hiring a puller or score keeper who has to drive this summer?

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The problem is deeper than you realize. Everything you consume is hauled by truck since they let the railroads die.

Fuel surcharges are going to raise the prices of many food items, and other consumable commodities.

I have seen a 25% increase in food staples since before Christmas, and it doesn't look like it will get better.

Milk was 2.58 a gallon in Nov, 3.05 now. Eggs from 1.60 to 2.00.

This is the reality of the debt driven economy and the real estate meltdown.

Bummpy ride coming.

HM

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Diesel is 4.26 in upper Michigan is some places. 3.99 in Marquette. Gas is 3.26
    Bill

13. smsnyder

don't buy nothing unless it's a must or makes you money.

14. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Many truckers are going bust. The Banks won't repo because there is a market flood of used trucks right now and even if they take them back,they can't sell them! What many do not realize is that 75% of products move by the independent trucker. When they stop rolling it is REALLY going to be rough! Now NAFTA wants to bring the rattle trap Mexican trucks into the U.S.to haul the stuff. If that happpens I can guarantee you there is going to be "BLOOD" and plenty of it! Our own government has been cutting our throats for years. Things are going to get a lot WORSE before they get any better!

15. hairy

hairy TS Member

I don't think the truckers are going to go bust. Rates have to be increased to offset the rising fuel. I pay the railroad a surcharge to their normal rates and the two truckers I hire have increased their rates to account for the fuel prices. When the food and hardware pipeline runs dry for lack of truckers the rates will increase.

16. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Doing safety surveys at catfish farms and processing plants this week in Mississippi. These guys are not going to re-stock their ponds this year. Fuel and feed are over the break even point for the catfish farmer. They'll come right out and tell you it's the dumbasses sellin' their corn and beans for ethanol.

Can't wait for hamburger to get to $4.00 bucks apound, we're already payin' $3.00 a pound or more for good bacon and feeder pigs are sellin' for less than .25 cents a pound. With corn selling at almost $6.00 a bushel how can anyone aford to feed anything.

17. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

We need to dump these politicians who dont do their jobs...

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Take a look at the number of Americans living from pay check to pay check! It would only take a few weeks for a chaotic condition to rear it's head. As said before, we're in for a rough ride guys! Hap

19. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Hey guys, $100.00 will buy 55 euros,that's about tells the whole story. The borrow and spend neo-cons, not the tax and spend liberals are at fault this time! When in history has a nation went to war and cut taxes for its most wealthiest or for that matter, anyone? Save your lead, it'll be worth more than the dollar soon if the same economic policies stay in place. And us being a service country that ron reagan invisioned. Just food for thought...Mike

20. David Knapp

David Knapp TS Member

Kennedy cut taxes

I dont know how to link the video.

In this video from August 13, 1962, when the highest marginal individual income tax rate was 91% and the highest marginal corporate tax was 52%, President John F. Kennedy announced his plan to introduce permanent, across-the-board tax cuts for both individuals and corporations. Kennedy argued that both "logic and equity" demanded tax relief for Americans, and that the dollars released from taxation would create new jobs, new salaries, and spur economic growth and an expanding American economy, thereby creating more tax revenues.

Kennedy's supply-side tax cuts were passed, and by 1964 the top personal tax rate was 77%, dropping to 70% in 1965. In 1965, the corporate tax rates were reduced to 22% and 48%, from previous rates of 30% and 52%. The Kennedy tax cuts did help expand the economy, resulting in a 106-month economic expansion during the 1960s, the longest expansion in U.S. history until the 120-month expansion of the 1990s. Tax revenues grew by 65% from 1965 to 1970.

They sure don't make Democrats the way they used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.