1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Offset rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Garry, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garry

Garry Active Member

I would like the contact info for the company who makes the offset rib.

Thanks

2. setter

setter Member

Scroll down at the above website, you'll see it.

3. setter

setter Member

Also.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don't overlook the possibility of mounting an off set zero power optical scope. I have know several shooters who began with an off set rib and switched to these.

Pat Ireland

5. Garry

Garry Active Member

Pat and Setter, thanks for the replies.

Pat, how do you think these offset optical scopes would work for upland and waterfowl hunting?

Setter, I am looking for the name and contact info of the person who makes the full length offset rib.

6. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I would question the effectiveness of an offset rib. It seems that the strength of the cross-dominance would have an effect on effectiveness.

If the off eye was only slightly dominant or only occasionally dominant, I would suspect that the eye behind the barrel might become more dominant because of the difference in the width of the offset rib compared to the greater mass/bulk/width of the muzzle.

Rollin

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Rollin, what would you 'Suspect' if the shooter became totally blind in his on shoulder eye ?

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

My brother lost his right eye in accident, we built an off-set rib for his gun pictured below. He shoots it pretty good compared to shooting off the left side. He doesn't have a camera to take pics of the last one he made, much better and more adjustable that the one in the pic or I'd post them also.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

He once told me when shooting off his left side, at times (to him it seemed)he wanted to pull the trigger with his right hand. The off-set works and he can use the right side. Hap

9. Garry

Garry Active Member

My left eye was my dominate eye until May 07. I have shot left handed for 50 plus years. Due to a retinal detachment I have lost most of my vision in the left eye and my right eye has take over the dominance. I am trying to learn how to shoot right handed but it's a challage. Until I am proficient shooting right handed I thought I would check out the gadets that would allow me to continue to mount the gun left handed but sight with my right eye.

10. Dean Ekstrom

Dean Ekstrom TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

off set ribs for shotgun

offset ribs for shotguns