1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL INFINITY RAFFLE RESULTS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

It was a great week and listed are the winners of the raffle.

Winner of the New Infinity Gene Hoover, Reistertown, Maryland

1st $ 500 winner Greg Huysman, Greenfield, Ohio

2nd $ 500 winner Christopher McClure, Las Vegas, Nevada

Winning gun club for $ 2,000 is Carrol County Gun Club, Maryland

Winning gun club for the most tickets sold $2,000 to The Las Vegas Gun Club, Nevada

The Junior and sub-junior winners are as follows:

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    Stef Carmichael $275.00 16yd High Junior 199x200 175x175 in shootoff

Kory Stassi $275.00 tied 16yd High Junior 199x200 174x175 in shootoff

Leslie Kruger $275.00 16yd High Junior Lady 198 x 200

Billy Crawford $275.00 16yd High Sub-Junior 199x200

Lauren Mueller $275.00 16yd High Lady Sub-Junior 200x200

Sundays Handicap winners No Photo's couldn't find all the kids:

High Junior Nick Sattler $250.00

High Junior Lady Leslie Kruger $250.00

High Sub-Junior Tripper Narigon $250.00

High Sub-Junior Lady Lauren Mueller $250.00

On behalf of the staff and myself at DeVault Industries I want to thank everyone that participated in the raffle and we look forward to doing this next year and promise it will be even bigger and better,

Thank you Dennis DeVault

2. Dennis DeVault

Not to take away from the positive above but I felt lead to write a few things to all the shooters on this site. When I arrived Wednesday to Cardinal Center we had about 140 tickets left to sell. Even though we had that many tickets we were still going to pull the tickets in the raffle. We sat the gun on the display table for all to see and started to try and sell the rest of the tickets. I went down to the Central Entry building, talked to Brad and ask if he could use the PA system and announce the raffle so that shooters knew they could buy tickets. Brad stated that he would try and get that done. I was told later that an announcement could not be made because the raffle was being done by a private enterprise and also we did not take out an ad in the official Ohio State Program. Also I was told if they did this for me they would have to do it for everyone. This word came down to me from Brad but it was supposed to be the decision of Dean Townsend our ATA delegate.
    As for the ad I tried to take out an ad but was told that the program had already been sent to the printer. I offered to buy an ad space anyway and was told that was not necessary. I was also informed that the drawing could not be held under the pavillion it had to be done at our display.
    As a vendor I will admit that the purpose for all of these raffles is advertising, I will not hide that fact. But look at the Photo's above, this is our sports future. Since the conception of my business I have always tried to promote the game of trapshooting to help my company and shooters as well. I was asked by many shooters all week long why more companies don't do this for shooters like we do and the answer is very simple. No one likes to play the political games that I was subject to this past week. Life is just to short to deal with the games. The next time you as shooters see one of the OSTA delegates or our ATA delegate ask them for a good reason why they could not have at least made an announcement for the benefit of the junior shooters and had them all gather in one spot for photos and to receive their winnings. I want to thank Stef Carmichael because Stef rounded up all the kids that he knew and brought them to me because none of the junior or sub-junior shooters knew about the cash prises. It was a great shoot and it is the best shooting facility that I have had the pleasure to attend. Ohio has all the potential to being the premier spot in the country but leadership is going to be critical to make that happen.

Thank you,

Dennis DeVault

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thank you Dennis!! The smiles on those kids faces,,,,"PRICELESS" and I'm sure the good word will spread like wildfire. Great job regardless of the lack of "help" on the announcement scene!

Hap

4. superfreak

superfreak TS Member

Just curious what was the official ticket number? SF

5. Dennis DeVault

the winning ticket number was # 116 the 500 dollar tickets were #67 and #231 and no all the tickets were not sold we had about 40 tickets left just before the drawing.

Dennis

6. Hap MecTweaks

Dangit!!!! I was close, 112 and Gene too? :) Hap

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hairy, bein close with 5 bucks will git us a cuppa java bout ennywhurs? :) Ain't it great bein a winner? Hap

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

No good deed goes....Those smiles are worth all the tickets that I bought. It is amazing the attitude from people with some authority. Just look at our government right now. "If we do it for you, we'd have to do it for everybody", yeah, so what if you did. Then there would be alot more people like Dennis supporting the youth. Guess I am going to have to save up to get my Inifity. :D

God bless all who participated and CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners. Jim

9. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Grouse, Grouse... sniffle, sniffle.... Guess I will just have to settle for shooting my Mach One [and shoot it well 198/200 in the CA. State Shoot]. The raffle and the bantering was great fun and it benefitted so many people. P.S. Dennis: IF the winner does not show up or doesn't want the gun I am on your speed dial. Fred

10. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I was there helping sell tickets at the booth for Dennis. It is a shame what happened. I have to agree with what was posted. The kids smiles are worth it. When I was trying to get people to buy raffle tickets some had a hard time deciding. Then when I told them that some of the money was going to the kids alot of people bought one then. What Dennis did was great! I will say one other thing. I have had an Infinity on order. I got to shoot the demo the other day. This is one great gun. The softest shooting 12 gauge there is, and it is super fast. To anyone out there who is looking to make a new gun purchase, you better check this one out! Matt Woodson

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Hey Matt got a picture of you in the short's doing as you said trying to sell the raffle tickets.

It looks like a potential customer looking at the gun.

I would have liked to have shot the demo gun but glad I didn't because I can't afford anything more than what I got now so as long as I don't shoot something better then I won't be missing out on wanting anything better but if I was to want something top notched then I will put it on the top of my list to check out first.

maybe I will sneak off with yours for a round after you get it well no better not I might get the gun fever.

Foghorn220

12. Dennis DeVault

I was really tired today when I sat down to show the winners and I want to thank several people for all the help last week, Dean Debow, Randal, Marilyn, and Matt. I will tell you that Marilyn had a tough job keeping all of the guys straight but we had a great time. Randal got a free show at the shower house, and remember when you come up to visit dinner at AppleBee's is on me.

Dennis

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dennis- I am sorry not all of the tickets were sold. Could I still buy another one?

Pat Ireland

14. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Foggy, u are free to shoot my Infinity all you want. A couple of thousand rounds isn't going to hurt this gun.

Dennis, we did have a great time. It was my pleasure to meet you. I got in around 11 last night. Applebees is in question, but loved Quaker Steak. Another thing that is in question, well that free show at the shower house. That is a classic! LOL!

Matt

15. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Dennis - Great job! Should be easier next year. Many young shooters benefited and somebody has to encourage them. You're breathing new life into this sport and that takes some pain. The amount of push back is proportional to the amt of change.

Thanks.

16. william miller

william miller TS Member

Dennis, you have a gun to be proud of; and it is a shame that someone acting like a child, was trying to prevent you from having a successful raffle. This game is still a sport, and it is sad that someone had to make it personal to try to hurt you. It is a disgrace to the state of Ohio to have anyone as a representative in any job who would deliberately try to sabotage a raffle that produced a lot of money for the youth. The youth are the future of this sport, and we need to do everything to keep them interested. I would think any state would have been honored to have you as a vendor and your generous contribution to the youth program. Any state would have bent over backwards to promote the raffle, and encourage others to do similar types of events for the shooters. This a expensive game and getting more so, but your raffle at least gave something back. All of the money you made from the raffle was distributed to help others and that shows that there still are people who are trying to keep this sport alive for future generations to enjoy. My hat is off to you and your staff. You have an excellent gun that is going to go straight to the top!!

17. Robb

Robb Member

18. Double-D

Double-D TS Member

I would like to thank everyone who participated in this raffle. It was a great success thanks to you. We can try anything new but you really make it happen. We are looking forward to the next one at the 2008 Kentucky State Shoot. Tickets will go on sale this year at Kentucky on July 4th. Mona Polete and I started the Kentucky 4-H Shooting program in the early 90's at the Hopkinsville Gun Club(Christian County Quail Club) in Hopkinsville Ky. There was only one other county that had one at that time. Now there is not a county in this state that does not! I must say it is a great thing to see it bloom into this! Thanks to allot of help from allot of people from many states, especially Alan and Betty Loveless from Tennessee , who took it from the ground floor into a great number of youth shooters in their state. So many they had to add a day to their state tournament. I hope others in the industry will follow us in promoting the future of this sport we all love so much. Thank you everyone,--Sincerely -- Dean DeBow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.