1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Officer shot by gun kept under pillow

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lkn4rocks, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Must have been one bad dream!

2. 1max1molly

1max1molly TS Member

If he was a Milwaukee cop he was dreaming of beating someone and accidently hit the trigger.

3. 1max1molly

1max1molly TS Member

If he was a Milwaukee cop he was dreaming of beating someone and accidently hit the trigger.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

What's the difference between under the pillow, in the night stand by the bed, under the bed or in the closet in the bed room? If you keep a gun for protection in the bedroom or even the house for that matter then we're all a little paranoid.

Eric

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Another reason I don't believe in female cops. Home protection starts with perimeter security which would give you ample time to access a firearm in case of intrusion.

Locks, alarm systems, stand alone motion detectors, etc.

Sounds like a bimbo to me.

HM

6. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

The headline should read " Officer unintentionally shoots herself with gun kept under the pillow." Guns don't shoot anyone by themselves even thou some would like to blame them for their own stupidity and others would just like to turn all guns into villains.

7. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

I know the flak will fly, but I have to say it any way. After almost 25 years as a range officer I`ve noticed that law enforcement officers are some of the most unsafe handlers of firearms. I believe one of the reasons is the fact that they carry a gun every day and therefore start to think of the firearm just as a carpenter thinks of a hammer, ( it`s just a tool). I won`t get into details but I`ve seen numerous situations on firing lines where the cops scared the h**l out of me, and I had to ask them to leave my line.

Tom R.

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I have $100 that says she was BLONDE. Thats endangering the public. One female, blonde, cop with a gun. Look out public she even has a car.

9. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Guess I have to go against the flow here, I can easily see how it happened. It was intuitively sensible, having it under the pillow. Near at hand, not visible to a perp entering the room, not snatchable by someone else, not available to a child entering the room in the night. My $100 is on it being a Glock 22. The only failing here was in her training. Having a gun near the bedside was logical & sensible. I'll bet no one discussed with her crop of recruits that under a pillow is a mistake, because we all reach around and flex our fingers in our sleep. She was probably undertrained, and that isn't her fault. I hope she gets through this intact. Phil E

10. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

C'mon...I'm sure you guys have some more chauvinistic remarks to make about this. Let's try and piss off the few females that visit here so that they'll leave and it'll be a good ol' boys club like it should be...right? *big eye roll*

Now...on to lack of training in Law Enforcement...reminds me of the video of the law enforcement guy giving a speech to a class room..."Now I am the only one in this room that I know of that can safely handle a Glock...." gun discharges as he holsters it.

I'm with TommyTerex...we should be questioning the training given to our Law Enforcement agencies. We are flipping the bill for it.

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Phil E,

You lost the $100. If you read the article you'd know it was a 40 cal Glock.

Eric

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

WHy couldnt it have been a S&W M&P .40 cal? or an XD 40? I didnt see Glock mentioned anywhere in the article.

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

Damn stupid place to keep a gun - Darwin nominee

I agree with Tom R. - many cops are complete morons when it comes to gun handling and safety. I have shot with members of a SWAT team and they agree. The good ones are great but many are hopeless. This person is one of the dumb ones.

Put the gun on the nightstand or on the floor just under the bed. Use it to get to the shotgun in the closet.

Hnadguns are a poor substitue for a real home defence weapon - pump aciton shotugn.

Don

14. alpine

alpine TS Member

Another member of the "Indoor Shooters Club".

15. winmag

winmag TS Member

FEMAIL COPS WHO ARE POLICE MEN SHOOD BE FORSED TO WORK IN THE OFFICE AND LET THE MEN CARRY HAND GUNS. WOOD YOU WANT YOURE WIFE TO BE A COP AND HAVE A LOADED HAND GUN WITH BULLETS IN IT UNDER HER PILLOW. NOT SAFTY. DO YOU THINK THAT SHE WAS CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. THAT IS NOT FARE. WE WOOD BE ARESTED BUT NOT HER. WHAT A DUM ASS.

BILLY.

16. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Makes no sense to me that anyone would keep a round in the chamber on a auto for anyway. It takes less time to pull the slide back and let it go then it takes you brain to figure out if you want to shoot a friend or foe, and then take aim. Even the old cowboys of yester-year knew enough to keep a empty chamber under the hammer of their old six guns. Still hope she has a complete recovery. Break-em all. Jeff

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

dum ass, eh? something about pots & kettles should be said here. but i dont believe it needs to be.

18. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

The article never mentioned what brand pistol it was.

However it did mention that she was a "police sgt."

This would lead one to believe that she had a few years experience.

There are many people who keep a pistol under their pillow or on their person AT ALL TIMES! Myself included.

Keep your finger off the trigger and it won't go off!

Mr. Mark

19. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Revsublime: Fair question, and perfectly logical. You're right, there's no indication of gun make in the article. I made a guess, based on 1.) 40-cal 2.) service weapon and 3.) police. I based this on: almost certainly a pistol, not a revolver, due to trigger-pull weight & caliber; not a SA pistol; probably a light-trigger pistol, the way it popped off with an assumedly light touch, so not a Sig; way most common pistol brand with U.S. police is Glock; most Glock police pistols are G22's. So just a guess, not an attempt to state a fact. And by the way, I have great respect for the G22, and this guess of mine is absolutely not a Glock-bash. Yes, a S&W M&P is certainly possible, but I won't bet $100 on that one. How many U.S cops carry them, yet? Maybe someday. Phil E

20. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Im with you Phil, you're probably right. but I thought I'd just throw a few other possibilites in. I know some LE agencies are using the M&P, but havent heard about any using the XD, which is my fave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cop gun under pillow

put handgun under pillow damage