1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OFF TOPIC...Television repair question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chiefjon, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have a 55" Mitsubishi rear projector TV, about 5 years old. It has lost its focus...like watching a 3-D movie without the glasses. I am told that it probably needs a "cordination board" or something like that, that focuses the colored projectors...at a cost of $500-600.00. It has been a great TV, but I wonder if this is just the start of programed obsolescence (pouring money down the rat hole) or if it is worth fixing. I think you can buy a new flat screen same size at COSTCO for a bout $2000.00.

Thanks for any feedback.

JON

ps...I don't know where to buy 3-D glasses and I know that $600.00 is less than $2000.00.

JS

2. mulls427

mulls427 Member

Had my Mitsubishi rear projection set fixed (on/off switch problem)for around the same price. That was about three yrs ago and still going strong. The tech fine tuned the set also and what a gorgeous picture. He said as far as rear projections go these are the best by far!! My $600.00 was well spent:))
    Mike

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

4. keennt

keennt TS Member

My 46" Toshiba(projection tv) had a problem with the red 'gun'.(There is three red, blue and green)...The right side of the screen had a red shadow, It would not "focus" automatically or manually......I had to bring it in...$40 for the parts and $120 to fix it........perfect again.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

repairing cordinator on rear projectors