1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Off Topic: Roofing Calculation Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dicksie, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

I know that this question is way off topic, but I have come to appreciate the depth of knowledge of my fellow shooters, so please forgive me for asking this question on this forum, but my gut feeling is that I will get the fast, accurate as possible answer that I need.

Is there a way to “kinda” estimate how much metal sheet roofing it would take to reroof a 3300 square foot building with a “guesstimated” pitch of 5 to 12? I did not realize until I got home tonight that I needed far more information than I have currently available to make the rough estimate and I need to have some kind of figure tonight.

Thank you in advance.

Dicksie Spolar

2. DJM

DJM Member

3300 sq. ft. building if 42' x 80' with a 2' overhang on a 5/12 pitch gable style roof means each half would measure 25' x 84'. So 25 times 84 = 2100. 2100 times 2 = 4200 sq. ft. plus waste. That is how much surface you have to cover.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

4. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

lenght x width x 1.054 will give it to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.