1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Off Topic John Deere Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BobKatz, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobKatz

BobKatz Member

Does anyone know if John Deere dealers negotiate from MSRP? In particular I am attempting to purchase a X300 tractor and there seems to be no flexibility in pricing from the dealer. I'm in the Cincinnati area.

Katz

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I just bought an X304 in South Western Ontario and the dealer took $200 off the original asking price. Bill Malcolm

3. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Check out the prices at a JD agricultural dealer, they are just like car dealers, they will deal.

There's no shortage of lawn mowers.

Shop around.....seems like you can buy a Deere just about anywhere these days.

4. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

check out used ones, and check out renters. i got a john deere backhoe from herts rentals almost brand new, like 300 hours on it, for almost half price. and 15 grand is a lot in my world.

steven

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

When I bought my 5310 ( thats a whole dofferent tractor) at barnetts in Yakima, I got $3500 off of list

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I was looking at a mower and I called all over the state. I found most were well within each other. Two were 5 to 800 over the av and oe was 600 less then the av. One even told me of a rebate on the mower whilethe others I think were pocketing the rebate money. Call the headquarters and ask them if there is arebate on what your looking for and call around. Its worth the time and it will or could pay for its self.

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Back in the days of order books it was much easier to find out what they paid for the machine you were ordering, as the order number was how much the machine cost the dealer, less any incentives that they accrue from sales goals.

But if you can find out the MSRP the discount is 27% off the price so they have plenty of wiggle room.

Our dealer Ag Power in Texas is very agressive about selling equipment and they are about as low as they can go, but they sell millions of dollars worth so they get good incentives. One time I bought a small tractor from them and even though it didn't qualify, they threw in a box blade, probably at least 500-750 (JD green is high) but my salesman told me he did it so they would a better price break on future orders, because they went way over their quota.

I just like the way they operate, sometimes wonder about them, when I bought my wife's mower, a 4720 MFWD w/cab and a/c with a 7 Iron 6 ft belly mower, they delivered it, I went back about 4 times to pay for it, my salesman told be not to worry they knew when I lived, but I didn't pay for it for about 4 months, but I have bought a whole bunch of equipment from them, and the mower was about $40,000 (list was 48,000)

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Doesn't one very famous trapshooter who wins all the time and gives lessons, kinda a big guy, sell that brand in Missouri? Perhaps he can answer or help??

9. scdrch

scdrch TS Member

I used to work for a Deere dealer and it depends on the model mower how much wiggle room there is. The MSRP is just that, and the dealer knows what they have to sell at based on other costs. I know that on machines under $10,000 we didn't have near as much room to deal. It depends on how tight the dealer can squeeze the margins and still make enough to pay everyone, keep the lights on, etc.

Dean

10. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

I purchased a new X300 a couple of weeks ago from the local JD dealer and paid the same price as Ron Burdick...$2,899. I did my homework before purchasing...they make very little money on these deals and have no wiggle room to negotiate.

A friend of mine bought one two months ago at a different dealer and paid the same price I did.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It all comes down to the volume of the dealer, Deere give good incentives for sales volume, so if they sell alot they get alot more discount,actually the profit margin is higher for the lower priced machinery, but the best profit is in the parts dept, so a large dealer has the ability to sell machinery at a lower price, and make it up on the sales incentives

I have close relatives and friends that work for both Mother Deere and John Deere dealers, and have collectively bought millions of dollars of John Deere equipment and parts, and I am able to find out exactly what they pay for the equipment when I buy it, that really pisses off a couple I have dealt with in the past

But it's all about volume, find a large dealer, and don't be a pain in the ass and they will treat you right, it takes just as long to process an order for a $3,000 lawn mower as it does for a $300,000 cotton picker

12. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

dont know if its the same every place but in WV and near by the dealers are in a zone so it would be about 100mi to find a JD dealer I checked on a Z turn and Lowes was higher than the dealer
    About like Tide its about the same price any place

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
can you haggle when buying a john deere
deere dealer negotiating
do john deere dealers negotiate price
does john deere pay dealers for advertising dollars
how much profit is in john deere x300
how much room to negotiate on john deere tractor
negoiate on jonhn deere

negotiating john deere dealership