1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

off topic ford pickup

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tripod, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago I loaned my 1993 f-150 pickup to my son in law. He said that the battery was dead a couple of mornings so he jump started it and it seemed fine for a couple of times then it was dead again. He replaced the heavy duty interstate battery which was about 3 years old with a new one and said the trouble went away. Well I have had the pick up back for 2 or 3 weeks with to problems until now. Its dead as a door nail agian. I put my little 10 amp charger on and right away I had power to the door alarm and underhood lights. Is there something that is not too obvious that could be draining the power out of my battery? Thanks Tripod

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Poor conections, see a lot of bad door switches and also bad diode for alternator. any add on features?

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a short somewhere. Finding it can be lots of fun!

4. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Did he have the old battery checked for low water, charged, and load tested? How about checking the voltage of the new battery? Check the connection at the terminals if they were not cleaned very well, loose alternater belt, or dome light staying on.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

The diode would drain the battery or just fail to properly charge it? It seems to be charging alright on the guage. It was fully charged when parked Thursday evening. It is a fairly low option truck with power windows, cruise, air conditioning and manual transmission

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Don't tell tron I have 3 1100's one SP 10 and an 870!!!

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thanks tron, I can at least check that out. Tripod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.