1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Off Topic - Any coin collectors out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bob Griffith, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I have a small collection that was my Dad's. I have started going through it & using on line websites, I am finding most coins are just worth their silver value. I have come across 1 dime that is intersting. Roosevelt dime 1968 with no mint mark. I find a wide range of discussion as to it's value. Appears to be in excellent condition (at least to me). Any one have any experience they can lend to this?

Also, just got into some Washington quarters that appear to be of some value. Any thoughts?

2. exnavy81

exnavy81 TS Member

Bob best price guide online is at WWW.Numismedia.com. There are some significant Washington quarter dates that have a good bit of value above and beyond the silver melt value. I was at the Michigan state coin show two weeks ago the dealers were paying 22 times face value of "junk" silver coins. However silver has taken a 15-20 percent fall in the last couple of weeks. Good Luck!

3. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

Bob, according to 2007 "Official RED BOOK of US Coins" value in MS65 condition is $1.00. Starting in 1965 coins were clad, no silver in them, copper and nickle.
    They did make Silver proofs which were made to pre 65 standards, i.e .900 silver and .100 copper

MS65 = Gem Uncirculated, i.e. only light scattered marks that are not distracting.
    Strong luster, good eye appeal.

Hope this helps, Wayne

4. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

o-hale,
    sent you a pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.