1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OFF TOPIC/5TH WHEEL

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by high 2, Sep 6, 2013.

1. high 2

high 2 Member

My wife and I have a 39' Redwood that we've pulled a bunch of miles. I couldn't think of anything that would scare me more than riding in one being pulled. I've never heard one way or the other about riding in one. That's one advantage of a motor home of being able to get up and move around. A shooting buddy of mine had one that the only time we stopped was for fuel. Made pretty good time. Larry

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

In CA it is legal as long as the passengers have direct communication with the driver. I used walkie talkies. My daughter and grand kids road back there with no problem. Not legal in pull trailer.

JON

3. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Select your state.

Don T

4. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

It may be legal, but if you spend much time going down the road, you will eventually see an RV accident, and it won't be pretty. We stopped riding in the camper as kids, after seeing how a camper exploded when a tire blew and the driver lost control. None of the three kids in the camper made it. On the same trip, we saw the remains of a trailer. It was basically a frame attached to the remains of the car, with axles underneath, and matchsticks above.

If you love the ones you travel with, keep them in the vehicle with you. If they MUST move around, find a place to stop. Getting somewhere fast isn't as important as the lives of your loved ones.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

It's only legal if there are twenty or more "guest workers" !!!!!!