1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Off topic .22 Conversion Beretta 92???????????????

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by SirMissalott, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

Anybody had any experience good or bad with .22 conversion kits for Beretta mdl. 92 9mm? Any input would be appreciated.

2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

0   0   0

I had a Ceiner 22 upper made for my Beretta 92 Steel I.
    The wait was very long, perhaps 8 months, about one year ago.
    And of course you cannot contact Ceiner during that process without PAYING for that so called privilege.

Was it worth it? Slightly.
    Were I to do it over again, I do think I would opt for one of those imported German 1911 22's and not add a 22 upper to the 92.

Art

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

Star4ever,
    Thanks for the feedback I've heard pretty much the same thing!

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Speaking of German 1911 22's, does anyone know if the AGI (i believe it is) and the Sig are basically the same gun? I've looked at both, but not together at the same time.

Thanks,

Steve

5. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

0   0   0

Steve:
    They appear to be the same gun (other than logos) when we looked at both at the range a few weeks ago. Also the Chiappa 1911-22 pistol appears to be the same as the AGI and SIG.
    These guns seem to run like sewing machines. However, the early examples did/do have a flaw. The front guide rod and bushing will gall and cause the gun to have cycling issues. A few guys who have lathes, have made custom guide rods which seem to have totally cured the situation.
    One would think that as time passes, AGI would fix this.

6. trench12

trench12 TS Member

0   0   0

the Ceiner conv intended for the Beretta 92 doesn't have the safety in the slide. This would render the gun without any manually operated safety of any kind. Not a good thing if you are trying to teach proper handling. Beretta marketed (not sure if this manufactured by Beretta) a conversion kit which had all the features of the 92. This would be the logical choice if you can locate one. The Ceiner kit may be compatible with the earlier model 51 which is what the Taurus PT99 is patterned after. good luck TG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 92 conversion