1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

off season

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by etook, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etook

etook TS Member

I just wanted to hear some ideas of what people do in the off season to stay in good shooting shape over the winter. it gets pretty cold in the north.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

etook... You're just playing with us... right? We shoot every Saturday at the Minneapolis Gun Club. Jack pots. Get 50 entries on average days.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

It gets way too cold in Virginia to shoot in the winter. We always have several heavy frosts and snow covered the ground two days last Winter. Two 10 day shooting trips to Florida is the only relief for me.

Pat Ireland

4. jrton80

jrton80 Member

Something that helps me I learned from a visitor at the Grand in Vandalia in the mid 80's. He got me to start throwing steel tip darts in the off season. He felt that trap shooting is just hand to eye coordination which is what steel tip darts are. I started throwing darts seriously and got pretty good. I never had a lot of issues getting back in the groove to shooting again after that. I hadn't shot trap for about 10 years and went to a registered shoot about 4 years ago. Shot a 95 and 92 in singles without practice....so something must be working.

Jeff Rickert

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

We shoot trap to stay in shooting shape. Its never too cold for a few rounds of trap.-----Matt

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Oh Jerry stick in your ear. To cold where you live give me a break will you please.....LOL

Bob Lawless

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob- Jerry only lives a little South of Tampa FL. EE I have been thinking about shooting more in SC. I have only shot in Spartanburg and Greenville. Any nice 500 bird registered doubles in November?

Pat Ireland

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

That was bad Jerry...

Guy Babin

9. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

When it gets cold here in West Palm Beach, I stay home and exercise with my girlfriend.....I pray for massive cold fronts all year.....lol

Jim C

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Pat just a little south of Tampa? How far south of Tampa do you think I live he doesn't even know what cold is. Hey for that matter neither do you....LOL

Bob Lawless

11. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hey vern, do you shoot the tri state? Its alot of fun even though the wind blows 30 and the temps only get to 25. lol.

12. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

We have winter league and club shoots as well as the Wedneday "old farts" get together, unless it is zero or colder or 1 foot of snow. I am seriously considering a simulator to purchase for myself. If I could talk the club into allowing us to buy one for the club and using it indoors, I would do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooting off season practice