1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Of you fly Pittsburgh to Philadelphia WATCH OUT!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

If you fly from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia you had better start saving a lot of money now to pay for the ticket you will have to buy. US Air is raising thier fare 500% NO, that is NOT a misprint. It is going up five hundred percent! What had cost you $118 WILL NOW COST YOU $698!!!!!

Here is a short clip and the URL to the full story from WTAE Pittsburgh.

PITTSBURGH -- US Airways' round-trip fare from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia will jump nearly 500 percent early next year once Southwest Airlines drops its nonstop service between the two cities.

The nonrefundable round trip fare, not including taxes and fees, is now $118, but will jump to $698 after Southwest ends its service on Jan. 8, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuesday.....

Click Here

2. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I make the drive 20 times a year. Its probably $150 round trip with a family of 4 including fast food lunch. It also only take 5 hours which is less time than than preparation and a flight. Not only that but you dont have to rent a car when you get there. Now I can really justify driving instead of flying. What a rip off.

3. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

Ahhhh, it's like the good old days with monopoly-like pricing on that route!

I too have switched to being an I-76 pilot for PIT-runs when you consider the
    TSA and other PHL-supplied hassles and delays.

4. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Pretty drive most of the year with the exception of January and February when you're fighting the trucks and the salt spray.

Mike

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

It'll be quite the quiet flight with just the politicians on board (sarcasm)

6. Ms Trapshooter

Ms Trapshooter Member

Boy, Guinner16, you must really "fly". It takes 3 hours from Harrisburg to Irwin.

7. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Ms Trapshooter,

74 mph the entire way (unless of course I get into a caravan doing 80). That seems to be the magic number. Cops dont move unless you are doing close to 80 or above. I get on at the cranberry exit and get off at the end (NJ). It takes 5 hours and 15 minuntes from Door (wexford) to door (hamilton NJ) including a quick stop for gas. I have made the trip at least 100 times and it only varies 5 minutes +/-.

Edit: Yes I am a driving nazi. Quick bathroom breaks and only food that can be gotten quickly and eaten in the car. My wife hates it but she loves when we arrive in less time than expected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.