1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? $ of used Perazzi O/U barrels

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coyote_198, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

It's called SUPPLY & DEMAND

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

actually I usually see P barrels go for much less

there might be an exception

And generally K80 barrels go for more and they usually interchange where as P barrels rarely do

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Oh BS. I just bought a used MX-2000RS combo and decided to use the barrels on my receiver and sell the rest. The barrels fit Perfectly. I sold theO/U barrels from my receiver to a gentleman on the West coast. The fit on his new MX-15 perfectly. He didn't even have to adjust ejector timing. My unsingle barrel is on a friend's receiver as we speak. It fits perfectly. His barrels fit my receiver. So there's seven barrels that fit perfectly on three receivers manufactured years apart. Is that what you consider rarely Gene?

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Gene, I own lots of P guns and lots more barrels. Not fitting is the exception to the rule. And, I am talking about receivers and barrels that are 30 years apart in age, let alone contemporaries. When they don't fit perfectly, it takes Luccio about a minute to fix it. No offense but you are uninformed. Jake

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I will second what ZZT, and jakearoo said. I have several barrels that interchange with a 1978 MX-8 and a 2004 MX-2000. Gene, where do you get your info on Perazzis?

George

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Gene you are wrong. I own two Perazzi receivers (different models) and 4 barrels. They all interchange with no problem and were never tweaked.

I also own three different triggers and they interchange as well.

I don't know where you got your information.

7. g7777777

Wow a lot of hostility here

1. My experience is that a lot of people that think a barrel fits- dont have a clue--

2. Read what Mike said-- Read what Mike said-- Read what Mike said-- Mike knows of what he speaks

3. I dont think the AMU everrrrrrrrrr used a new P barrel without fitting it

4. I have been messing with p guns as long as K guns although I havent had anywhere near as many

5. And this is something else I have learned on here and in life---- those that think something is worth a lot more than it is-- are A) Selling it or something similar, or B) got snookered and paid way to much for what they have

regards from Iowa and happy holidays

Gene

8. g7777777

When Mike mentions off face- that also means the hinge pin recesses -- either the gap or not square to the face- either of which can result in excessive headspace

Will the locking lugs hold under excessive head space? maybe but the gun is going to torque (twist) in dynamic loaded motion--- why dynamic? because there is movement at the beginning of the load due to the excessive wear

You can go cheap or you can play with fate

I will add one caveat to what Mike stated- the newest barrel on an older frame may have these same problems because the frame itself may be worn or not to the same spec that the newer frame is

Wear is also a factor even on the new guns -- so a barrel that has been shot 50,000 or 100,000 rounds or a frame ( I know the locking lugs are supposed to take the wear- but that is not accounting for dirt or grit) might still not be safe as far as interchangeability depending on wear

So it would take a new barrel, new frame, and no wear- then the newest guns are completely interchangeable

Any other-- rarely

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- I stand by my comment about P barrel prices being inflated by people that own them or paid too much

9. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Gene, I agree with you on the pricing of barrels. Folks try to justify where they are not what the market bears.

However, P-gun barrels and prices are funny. As trends run, the prices will fluctuate dramatically. I have bought lots of P-gun barrels and have seldom paid over about 1200 or 1300 for them. Many considerably less. Course, I have no desire for a brand new, adjustable rib, hum dinger. Fact is, I love them ol' 29.5 inchers that are currently a bit out of fashion. But, I can love others too.

Jake

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

This current trend to long barrels must be good for some folks. Sure is popular. I guess Perazzi is now making 32 and even 34 inch barrels that are around 1.5-6 kg. or even lighter.
    The longer site plane does nothing for me. I like quick barrels. But then I imagine someone is gonna come along and tell me the 32" lightweight barrels are just as fast. Maybe. Jake

11. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Kreighoff vs. Perazzi. Hmm. Well, I think a Perazzi has a feel to it which is more organic. A Kreighoff is undeniably strong and robust. Mechanical in feel. I hate to put in in these terms but I think of my Perazzi as a female. I call it her or she. Can't imagine thinking of a Kreighoff as feminine. One strong dude. A dominant male all the way. Just my take. Jake

12. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

That's too easy. An Italian car and a German car. Cheating. Jake

13. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Will that DB81 barrel fit an MX3?
    lb

14. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

what barrels will fit mx11 ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.