1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

# of targets thrown at the PA Shoot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Sat-Sun = Colonial Classic = 5 Events
    Mon-Tue. = Preliminary Days = 5 Events
    Wed-Sun. = PA State Shoot = 9 Events

How many targets do you think were thrown the entire week. I can't find the number of entries for each of the events. I was there Friday-Sun. I think I can remember there being 308 squads for the Singles Championship. I can't remember the rest.

We were talking on Sunday and guessing how many targets were thrown.

If I am right on the 308 squads that is 1540 shooters which is 308k targets for the 200 target event.

We were thinking 700k to 800k. How fair is that.

Anyone do any research on this?

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I would be willing to bet it would be closer to 2 Million targets using the squad numbers you gave. I doubt that it was a consistent 308 squads for all events. I would say between 1.5 and 2 million.

Bob Lawless

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

About 1,637,800 targets were thrown not counting the pratice traps. That comes out to 57.58 tons of shot based on 1 1/8 load. The PSSA made good money just on the lead thrown on the grounds.

George

4. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

Squads were not full. I'm sure that the decision to go to ten-to-a-post had something to do with that, but the weather forecasts for afternoon storms made it necessary to keep things moving.

I started on a four-shooter squad, but one guy's trigger pulled through twice and he withdrew, never to be seen again.

I'm sure that someone will provide entry figures by event sometime soon.

5. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.