1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$$ of shot is not the problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Prairie State
    I only shoot practice, and steel at that, so what I say will appear to have little direct application, except to those who can see through the trees, but shot $$ is not the problem - shooters are. Read the threads and it is the curmudgeonly, unflexible attitudes that shooters are the center of the shooting universe - it doesn't work that way in shooting economics.

The commodities run the show. The cost for components and the money to pay for them are not elastic - its limited. And since I don't travel for ATA shooting, I'm not even addressing that, but I do understand that impact. But it seems everyone is focus on the price of lead.

Don't like reloading for $4/box - don't load 1-1/8 or 1oz loads, drop to 7/8s or 3/4s. 1 bag of shot will load 355 hulls or 533 hulls - its your choice, no one is putting a muzzle to your head and telling you you have to shoot more lead at 16 yards - who the heck even needs 1-1/8 oz of lead at 16 yards anymore?! I could also ask why many are paying 2x price for a shot media, but I well understand that issue.

Shot is not the problem, it is US.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dec 9, 2006
    The problem is the fact that prices are going up up up up. Pay is(except for state/fed/union workers) staying flat flat flat. I have not had a raise in 5yrs why. Because I could easily be replaced by a younger worker for a 1/2 of what I make now. It sucks but unless you have a contacted pay raise forget it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.