1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

% of registered shooters that reload IYO

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

So I was visiting the other day with my sons trap coach and he indicated that there are very few of the kids that reload. My question is in your opinion and put it into a percentage #, what are the % of guys that are registered shooters that reload??

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Probably 90% of the guys I shoot with have reloaded their own ammo and still have loading equipment but these days nearly all of them are shooting factory loaded Estate or Federal target loads as the cost to buy these is comparable to loading your own. So I would put the percentage of active reloaders down around 10% right now. I'm one of the guys that still loads them but in my case it isn't a money thing really.

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Wolfram...very well put answer and is how I would of guessed the answer would be. Thank for following the request and putting the answer in a % form.

Ross...I see you have an opinion like everybody else but do you have a answer to whats posted??? cause we all know the ole addage about opinions.

4. M Wayne

M Wayne TS Member

Ross, In my area I would have to say we are looking at 75 to 80 percent of us reload. Most all of shoot our reloads for practice, league and registered. As a group we buy most all components in bulk which helps on the cost. We figured on the average that it costs around 3.17 per box. We also supply shells for the youth that want to come out and learn the sport. Getting the youth involved is the only way we will be able to keep our sport alive and growing.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

33% or maybe alittle more. Heck, if the mens All American team captain does, everyone should..

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The first part of your question is (at least in Iowa) the STCP kids have to use factory shells and can't rest the barrel on their feet. At our local club I'd say 90% reload.

Bill

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I load my handicap shells but shoot the cheap shells for singles . In Indiana It,s about 75-80% reload for registerd .

One reason alot of kids don,t reload is dad is buying .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.