1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$$ of a grade 3 browning XT trap gun

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by RMR, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMR

RMR Member

0   0   0

I have a 2009 12 gauge grade 3( engraving on reciever with gold inlaybrowning logo- will attach photos off guns america)Browning XT trap that Im cosidering selling and would like to get some advice on what is a fair price to ask for it.

It had the factory installed browning adjustable comb, 30" ported barrels. I doubt it has had 1000 shell put through it. No nicks on wood or on bluing. Its basically sat in our safe unused. The only modification I have done was I had the high gloss finish removed by a well respected stock refinisher( was a company in southern Illionois- cant remeber their name but can find it)and replaced with a satin finish

If I decide to sell it I will certainly post pictures. The pictures I have attached are off gunsamerica just to show you what the grade 3 xt trap looks like

Thanks for any input
    RMR
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TPK

TPK TS Member

0   0   0

Brand new your looking at $3100 but out of box shot i think a fair starting price would be $2600-2700, taking the original finish off the gun doesnt hurt the resale to much, but i feel you could get mid to high 2's no problem...
    TPK

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Put it up for sale and see what offers you get, but I think TPK is way too high. And taking off the original finish is definitely a major negative unless some buyer actually prefers that and is ok with it.

4. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

I had the same gun although mine was a 2008 and had 32" barrels i sold mine with a canvas and leather browning case that was $425 alone for 2200! It was the worst decision i ever made in my life. It also had 5 diana grade chokes. Mine was mint condition and only had about 2000 rounds through it. Because urs is 30" i would say its about a 2300-2500 gun max.

5. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

0   0   0

Removing the finish in my opinion will really devalue your gun. Even if it was a excellent job, being a 30" less diserable than a 32" also hurts. I would say because a brand new 30" XT Grade I XT will sell on here for around $2100. (2 recently posted) A used and modified grade 3 shouldn't fetch more than a new grade I. in my opinion.

6. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

0   0   0

There is that word again MINT CONDITION = 0 ROUNDS FIRED.

7. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

0   0   0

New in Box meant 0 rounds fired..... By definition:

Main Entry: mint condition
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: in new or like-new condition
    Example: In stamps, mint condition means unused.
    Etymology: 1902

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xt 2008 engraving