1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Odd Leupold scope*Pending*

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by scott starks, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott starks

scott starks TS Member

0   0   0

This is an odd scope. It is a “running boar scope”. There are two vertical lines that move independent of each other. The idea is to set up the lines so you can shoot the boar as it runs across your field of view.
    It is from my Father’s estate. I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions you have. I am not sure of a value.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Here's a link to a patent on the twin reticles in use on your scope. This patent is from 1986. It shows the sophistication and precision of this conversion.

The posts are designed for left and right moving targets (running boars) at 50 meters. The target moves at the same speed. The posts provide built in lead for the target speed. When sighted in properly, centering the left post on a left running boar should put the bullet dead center in the ring.

This is a very specialized scope, and no doubt it was not cheap to make. The trick is to find out what this conversion cost, and to find someone who can actually make use of it. It's pretty useless to most others, which would negatively affect its value.

3. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

0   0   0

What power is the scope. what would you take for it?

4. The Clay Crusher

The Clay Crusher TS Member

0   0   0

Cool scope.
    Think I could dial it back to 45 yards and mount it on a Krieghoff?

For those reading, you KNOW you thought this as well, I'M just actually SAYING it.

;-)

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

There once was an Olympic shooting sport called running target. It was shot with .22 rifles at 50 meters. The target was shape like a pig with scoring rings in the body. You put the post on the nose of the pig and the built in lead did he rest. The 50 meter game was replaced by a 10 meter air rifle game and then dropped after the 2000 Olympics.

This scope was was probably used at the 50 meter game.

Tom

6. scott starks

scott starks TS Member

0   0   0

Brian, thanks for the link! Very cool. I have no idea what a fair market value would be for this scope. I have never seen one offered for sale so I'm not sure what to price it at.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Is that a 12x Leupold? And is there a center vertical reticle in addition to the two outer reticles or posts?

8. scott starks

scott starks TS Member

0   0   0

Brian, the scope is 12X. There is a VERY light cross hair. The two posts are very dark.

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Scott, thanks for accepting my offer for your scope guy. I'll put it to good use soon!

Hap

10. customshooter

customshooter Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'LL TAKE IT!!!!

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Leupold should have info, why not contact them? I would guess TBaber has it.

HM

12. scott starks

scott starks TS Member

0   0   0

Thank you for all the emails! I learned a lot about the scope in one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
leupold running boar scope
running boar
running boar scope

running boar scopes for sale

running boar target scope

running target scope