1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Odd bargain

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by thewolf, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Found a Browning 28" Citori tube set at Higrade. Price is $1600 with all 4 gauges having choke tubes. The catch? It has a straight stock. My question: What Browning stocks will fit? This seems like a real bargain. How much would a used stock cost?

2. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

DB Bill: Straight grip.
    PerazziBigbore: How much does it cost to 20/28/410 a 12 ga? I thought this took 6 weeks and costs a bunch. I tought I could pu a stock for a couple of hundred and be ahead. Probably only use the 28ga anyway.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I believe if you change the trigger guard, you can use the regular pistol grip stock.

4. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Thanks for the help. I thought the tube thing would be more. I wasn't going to use it for Trap. I can't hit them with 1 1/8 oz. No reason for less. Thought it might be fun for sporting. Carry 100 shells and not strain. I(typical trap shooter) am now thinking different. Might get some 28ga barrels for an old 682 I mothballed. They cost aroung $750 used/$875 new. I have not shot them and would like to before spending my $$. Thanks again for the help.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Sometimes a odd bargain aint really a bargain in the long run.

I would suggest ... PASS

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mr Big Bore ... I dont mean to hijack this thread but I understand your in the New Orleans area. There is/was a trap/skeet club on the other side of the river from the city, I cant remember the name of it but it was not far from the river. Do you possibly know the name of or if they are still there after Katrina? If they are still there is it member only or walk-in friendly. I might be in the area in a couple of months and might want to do a little bang bangin while there ... also this would most likely be the kicker though ... do they have any rental guns?

Thanks and now back to the topic at hand ... it aint no bargain ... stay away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.