1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OCSC CEDAR RAPIDS IOWA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BeerKing, Jun 16, 2013.

1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

IOWA NE ZONE WARMUP on Saturday
    43 singles with Roger Schwykerath and Gayle Lawson running 100,s.
    38 handicap 4 98"s- 2 97s- 4-96s. That's over 25% of the shooters taking yardage.
    98s were Benscoter- Harms - Schwykerath and Yoder. Mikes newly acquired MX2000 seems to be treating him well. He broke a 98-98-96 yesterday.

Now on today with the NE ZONE.

shootem up folks, wish I could be there

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

ZONE DAY 102 16's 6 - 100's Ron Ballou prevails in shoot off.
    96 hdcp with 2 99's many many more punches
    60 doubles more details later

3. OneShooter

OneShooter Member

It was a fun shoot, and a nice place. If only I could have shot as well today as I did yesterday!

4. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Congrats to Brian Irvine NE Iowa Zone Champ, Well done!!!

5. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

congratulations to Brian Irvine. Looks like that class you took with Harlan at Otter Creek paid off.

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Wow!!! Thanks to all who attended this past weekend. What a great turn-out. For the NE Iowa Zone shoot on Sunday we had 102 singles shooters. 6 turned in perfect scores of 100. Ron Ballou (SO-75) prevailed as the NEI Zone singles Champion over 4 others in a shoot-off. Others 100 singles on Sunday were Phil Thyer, Greg Benscoter, Dale Pelton, Brian Irvine & Kim Fox. Congratulations to each. *** Edit Mis-Information alert. Kim Fox was the 6th Perfect singles score. Apologies to Kim for missing that fact & congratulations. Mike K - all ya needed was 1 more :).

We had 15 shooters earn yardage punches on Sunday (97 hcp shtrs - 2 - 99s, 6 - 98s, 4-97s & 3 - 96s). Leading the way were Leo Kremer & Errol Lindsey w/ 99s. Leo won the SO 25-24. Errol took short ydg grp. Randy "Bubba" Strauss won 22-24 w/ 96, Mark Scholl 25-26 w/ 98 & Phil Thyer 27 w/ a 97. Categories; Hannah Vavrik - Ladies (93), Dylan Vavrik - Jr (95); Darwin Stock & Richard Jones took Vet & Sr Vet respectively w/ 98s. Congrats Leo, all the winners as well as the "punch" recipients!! Great shooting!

I think there were 64 doubles shooters. Kenny Brandt was Mr. Perfect in the event w/ 100!!! Way to go KEN! Kevin Hartwig (97 A), Mason Moore (96 B) & Hannah Vavrik (98 C) were the in zone class champions. Congrats to all of you. An aside - Congrats to Joe Fleming for breaking his first 50 straight on doubles!

Unfortunately I don't have the "out of zone" placings in front of me or I would share that info too.

Thanks to all who helped out throughout the day. That thanks include the trap kids (who did great btw!); the Wickman's & Kevin Hartwig for classifying/squadding; Becky & her kitchen/food crew (welcome aboard!); our BOD members who had the place looking great inside & out and anyone who bothered stepped in to give a puller/setter a break or bent over to pick up trash or whatever other task that may have been done. Thanks also include the taskers that handle the rest of registration, score entering, determining winners, shoot-offs, etc. This is a thankless job that typically only gets recognized when something is not correct. Thanks Gentlemen.

Registration was infinitely smoother this time compared to our May shoot. We continue to tweek things to make the experience better for all involved.

Hopefully you enjoyed yourselves and will come visit us again. Don't forget our $1000 July 4th shoot. Thursday July 4th is Marathon targets (cheap targets too). Our $1000 handicap is on SATURDAY July 6th this year ilo Sunday. Make a note of this. Friday (5th) & Sunday (7th) will be 100 targets each discipline.

Thanks again!!! We do appreciate your patronage.

7. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

I had a great time. I think your staff did a great job & lunch was very good. I will be back for sure.

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Good doubles shooting by my friend and fellow Iowa Falls Cadet, Kenny Brandt!! Way to go, Ken!!

9. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

come see us over the $4th

10. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Mis-Information alert Edit notification. I erroneously named Mike Kjormoe as the 6th shooter w/ a 100 straight on Sundays singles. WRONG - Mike broke 99. Mr Kim Fox was the 6th shooter who broke 100. Congrats to Kim. Apologies for my faux pas. My post was edited also. Stay cool everyone.