1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oceana NAS Trap Shoots?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gavin, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I was looking on the VA Trap Shooting Association web page and see Oceana is listed as a club but there are no ATA Trap Shoots scheduled. Is this correct? I know the club just reopen...are they shooting or planning on shooting registered targets?

Thanks Much

Gavin

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gavin- I hope that they do. There is a time delay between scheduling a shoot and getting it posted on the web site.

Pat Ireland

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

A number of years ago I was fortunate enough to shoot at this club. My brother was retired navy and got into the shooting facility, but when I went back after "9/11" I was told it was shut down because of security concerns and being on a navy base.

4. BFLip

BFLip TS Member

Gavin, Oceana is up and running, however, I think it may be the start of the new season (1 Sep) before we start shooting registered targets (that's strictly my opinion). I haven't researched the how/why's for starting the registered shoots yet, but I have and will be in contact with Clay Floyd, Don Buckholtz and Mike Jeter for getting the ball rolling sooner.

5. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Thanks for the info I'll be visiting in July and hope to get some shooting in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.