1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OBUMMER GOOFED!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Obumer goofed for our side.

....Looks like Obama should have read the "Obamacare" law before he
    signed it, OR he was so eager to
    get "Obamacare" that he didn't care about the "gun owners" clause that
    was in it!

So, Obama was ether stupid for not reading the bill OR knew the clause
    was necessary to get
    his "Obamacare" passed, so that his ego could soar!

Wednesday, it was discovered that hidden deep within the massive
    2800-page bill called Obamacare,
    there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the
    throats of the American people,
    then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate
    amendment
    3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to that amendment, the government cannot collect "any
    information relating to the
    lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition." This means that
    the
    government CANNOT mandate firearm registration. No registration, no
    confiscation . Poor ol' Joe Biden, he spent the last couple of weeks
    focusing on making a law requiring registration. Good thing is though, the
    amendment also states that not even an executive order can override the
    amendment.

CNN is now referring to it as "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

----------------------------________________________

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It looks like something good will come out of Obammy Care.

3. alf174

alf174 Member

Its kind of true. It only applies within the scope of health care. A new law, if there were enough votes to pass it, could override it. This is old news btw.

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Don't think the vacuum head was so much the GOOF, as it was the American people that allowed something like that to even run for office much less allow it to be elected. Now WE the people pay the piper. Ross Puls

5. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Seems like ol HAiry REED was the one responsible for getting that in there, dang I hate to give him ANY credit. Scott

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

If they try to remove it then it shows that are going for a change in the constitution and that would start a war between parties----I say let them try.
    SJB

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Read carefully (especially the italics):<blockquote><I>Senate Amendment 3276 in Affordable Health Care Act</i></blockquote>

As Alf174 already wrote, the Affordable Health Care Act permits doctors to ask questions of their patients regarding things like gun use/possession in the home to assess threats to the patient's safety. The Senate amendment that's raising a stir simply says that information collected BY PHYSICIANS in the course of asking these questions can't be used to generate data on the lawful use, possession ownership or storage of guns and ammunition.

It doesn't forbid that data from being collected in other ways by other people.

Keller

8. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

More importantly, what stops Obama from signing an excutive order to enforce a broadbrush, retrictive gun ownership policy that falls within the Constitional right to own a gun, but makes the process extremely difficult due to qualifiers/disqualifiers to the owner/buyer.

The premise would be..."You certainly have the right to and can own a gun, if you..........".

Jim C

9. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

A strange thing happened recently during a family doctor's visit.

My Dr. asked what I liked to do in my spare time (seems I need to get more exercise,grunt!)

I explained there is not too much to do in the winter, but I do help with the shoots at the local conservation club.

Doc then asked a few other non-related questions, then looked at me, and asked if I had ever considered suicide, or had any thoughts of suicide.

I thought I knew where they were going with this, but tried to stay calm when answering, so as to not get the second question about firearm ownership.

Luckily, I can keep my Doctor, because they never asked about owning firearms.

I told my wife to never tell them I have firearms, but if they insist, she must tell them we have them secured in a locked gun safe, which is true.

10. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Please review the 23 actions by Executive Orders Obama announced in January.

Number 2 addresses this very issue.

Link posted above or just use your favorite search website.

11. JohnH12

JohnH12 TS Member

"More importantly, what stops Obama from signing an excutive order to enforce a broadbrush, retrictive gun ownership policy that falls within the Constitional right to own a gun, but makes the process extremely difficult due to qualifiers/disqualifiers to the owner/buyer.

The premise would be..."You certainly have the right to and can own a gun, if you..........". "

Jim C

I would hope that he is stopped from that move for the same reasons the Supreme Court ruled the Poll Tax unconstitutional and the 24th ammendment was ratified in 1964.
    I still don't understand why the NRA and other groups on our side are not citing it more often as a basis to stop all these crazy laws that severely restrict the 2nd ammendment.
    John H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.