1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obtaining Proper Stock fit

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Well-Known Member

You have several options, one that has been suggested to you. The other usual one would be to have the stock reinletted to the metal to create cast at the comb. The only problem with that as well as having the stock bent is that it would create more cast at the heel as it would cast at the comb.

Of course, you could have a custom stock made or buy one from Fred Wenig like the New American that has an offset comb without cast at the heel but the cast would probably not be as much as you can get with your adjustable comb.

Rollin

2. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Several weeks ago I had a REAL fitting from a pair of Pro's and the results have been pretty startling. It's amazing how we can adapt to a gun that doesn't fit and still break clays. Even more amazing is how EASY it is to break them when it FITS. Almost effortless.

I'd find a competant fitter and see what they suggest. I had some problems with my mount which we corrected. Then we went out to the pattern board and shot several patterns to ascertain point of impact. They made some adjustments to the comb, added a few butt spacers and we shot some more. More adjustments and then went to some thrown clays. Didn't simply break them but obliterated them all.

FN in MT

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

You've probably already checked this, but are both beads installed in the center of the rib?

Ed

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

not a left handed stock by chance????

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Well-Known Member

FN,

Sounds like you may have visited S&S Plus.

Tom,

I suggest you visit the Country Gentleman, Todd Nelson at the Grand. Although you will probably not have the opportunity to shoot your gun during the fitting, Todd will check your shooting form and suggest changes if they are applicable and then fit your gun so you can use that form. He is excellent.

If, for some reason, your stock cannot be fitted to you (very doubtful), Todd can outline your options.

If you visit Todd, please say "Hello" from Rollin Oswald.

Rollin

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

PFS with Ultimate Fit Comb.

I had the same problem.

Went from 88 avg last year to 96.8 in last 1000 registered birds.

Yes, it is ugly. Yes, I am happy.

Plus reduced recoil and easily adjustable LOP for winter shooting.

Don

7. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Thanks Rollin and HELLO to you. Tom, I am located behind bank#5 at the Grand. Glad to check you and discuss your fitting options. My initial consultations are always free. Look for the sign that says Country Gentleman. The guys next to me serve a great bar-b-que plate. See yall in Sparty. Todd

8. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Gun fit and beads! Where does the gun shoot? Does it smoke targets?
    Does it feel comfortable after 300 targets. Then save your money!

Some don't think there is much correlation between bead alignment
    and point of impact. Some even remove the beads.

Others think a gun isn't worth having if the beads don't make
    a perfect figure 8.

Point is - smoke targets enjoy the beads whereever they may stack up
    and save a buck or two!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.