1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obituary: Mike Ghiselli 1949-2011

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Smok'n Joe, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Mike Ghiselli of the Maywood Sportsmens Club passed away on 09/16/11.

smoknjoe_2009_2510260.jpg

Mike was more than a friend, he was the brother I never had...

An articulate craftsman that took pride and satisfaction in his work. Always a gentleman, he worked hard to help new and old members. He had the patience of a saint and the heart of a champion.

Life goes on...but I will always cherish our friendship and the good times we shared.

Rest in Peace, my friend...

Michael Francis Ghiselli of Arlington Heights was born on Aug. 13, 1949, in Evanston, Ill., to Frank and Doris (nee White) Ghiselli. He died Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2011, at his home. Mr. Ghiselli worked as a manager/sales rep for ARRP Paving. He was a member and former board member of Maywood Sportsmens Club, member and former usher at St. James Catholic Church and a former Wisconsin State Shooting Champion. Michael is survived by his spouse of 24 years, Rita (nee Mulloy); his daughter, Michelle Ghiselli; his stepson, Michael (Heidi) Byrne; his stepgranddaughters, Alexandra and Emily; his sisters, Joanne Ghiselli and Myra (Thomas) Schrup; his brother, Ralph (Rebecca) Ghiselli; his nieces, Heather Blake, Sarah Schrup and Grace Ghiselli; and his nephews, Samuel Schrup and Matthew Ghiselli.

Visitation is from 5 until 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18, at Glueckert Funeral Home Ltd., 1520 N. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights. Prayers will be said at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday at the funeral home, proceeding to St. James Catholic Church, 831 N. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, for Mass at 10 a.m. Interment will be in All Saints Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to St. Mary's University, 700 Terrace Heights #21, Winona, MN 55987-1399. Funeral Information and condolences can be given at www.GlueckertFH.com or 847-253-0168.

2. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Rest in peace to a fellow Ljutic shooter. I didn't know MIke, but the photograph seems to show a man enjoying life and doing something he loved - smoking' clays. Losing friends and trap shooters are sad days; I hope not to repeat those feelings in 2012...cya

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

One of the truly good guys! He will be missed.

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Didn't know Mike, but he's about my age.
    Had he been sick ?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I didn't know him either but 62 is too darn young. RIP Mike and smoke 'em all in heaven. God bless the family.

John Houle

6. avery53

avery53 Member

Didn't know him, but as a fellow 49er, it hits close to home.
    Condolences to the family.

Steve

7. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Michael Francis Ghiselli of Arlington Heights was born on Aug. 13, 1949, in Evanston, Ill., to Frank and Doris (nee White) Ghiselli. He died Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2011, at his home. Mr. Ghiselli worked as a manager/sales rep for ARRP Paving. He was a member and former board member of Maywood Sportsmens Club, member and former usher at St. James Catholic Church and a former Wisconsin State Shooting Champion. Michael is survived by his spouse of 24 years, Rita (nee Mulloy); his daughter, Michelle Ghiselli; his stepson, Michael (Heidi) Byrne; his stepgranddaughters, Alexandra and Emily; his sisters, Joanne Ghiselli and Myra (Thomas) Schrup; his brother, Ralph (Rebecca) Ghiselli; his nieces, Heather Blake, Sarah Schrup and Grace Ghiselli; and his nephews, Samuel Schrup and Matthew Ghiselli.

Visitation is from 5 until 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18, at Glueckert Funeral Home Ltd., 1520 N. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights. Prayers will be said at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday at the funeral home, proceeding to St. James Catholic Church, 831 N. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, for Mass at 10 a.m. Interment will be in All Saints Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to St. Mary's University, 700 Terrace Heights #21, Winona, MN 55987-1399. Funeral Information and condolences can be given at www.GlueckertFH.com or 847-253-0168.

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Smok'n Joe,

I did not know Mike personally but doing buisness with him and talking with him on the phone several times let me know he was a great guy.

A man of his ability will be missed.

My condolences to his family.

Carey

9. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Smok'n Joe,

I am so sorry. I know you guys were close. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Mike was a top notch good hearted guy, I as well as many others including his family greatly regret his passing. We lost a great friend but his memories will always be with us and shine through the sorrow!

Joe Lazarro

10. fillic

fillic Member

I still can't believe it. We were out this past Sunday shooting at Maywood and that night at Cabela's. I'm going to miss him a lot like everyone else who ever were fortunate to know him, a truly great person.

My condolences to his family.

Phil Carabetta

11. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

The Last Round...

It was unusually warm for Chicago this past Sunday, windy, but clear. Mike got to the club late, as usual. It was too late to sign up for the games and I had already shot a couple rounds when I asked him if he was going to shoot. He thought about it for a second and said, "Yeah Joe, let's shoot, we won't have many more days like today." It was late in the day, but there was plenty of time for a two man squad to shoot a round of practise...

We sat and waited for the squad call...but it never came.

When the boys came out to break down the field, we just assumed we would meet again on Wednesday night, never thinking that was our last opportunity to shoot together. Life is short...shoot well and shoot often.

smoknjoe_2009_2510261.jpg

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Always sad to lose one of the good guys...my heart goes out to all his family and friends

13. Carmen

Carmen Member

Mike was truly a great person. I send my deepest condolences to his family. He will be greatly missed and fondly remembered. Rest in peace my friend.

14. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Joe,

Our most sincere condolences for you and Mike’s family. He will be missed by all of us here in the library.

You and his family are in our prayers.

From all of us…

Nate Kissel

Gun Library Sales Manager

15. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Very sad news Jo

My condolences – man, we just never know what tomorrow holds.

All the best,

Mike (from down under)

16. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Very sad to lose a friend like Michael. I was totally shocked when I got the call. My prayers go out to the family and all . Mike was a close friend,He'll be missed by many.

Chuck

17. sam870

sam870 TS Member

It is sad when friends are taken from us too soon. Mike will be missed.

Shoot well in Heaven, Mike and get those games going up there.

Condolences to his family

Samie and Roland

18. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

Joe, My sincere condolences on the loss of your best friend.

Mike, I missed the opportunity of meeting you oh well may you rest in peace.

Levy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

doris chiselli

joanne ghiselli illinois

maywoodsportsmensclub

mike chiselli

myra gheselli

myra schrup