1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obit of Jay Marquard

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to relay to the trapshooting community of the death of Jay Marquard, a mainstay of the Illinois trapshooting scene for many years. He will be sorely missed.

I don't know any details but I'm sure someone will inform us soon.

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

Barry I am sad to hear of Jays death. It was just a couple of years ago that his son passed away. Trevor Dawe.

3. Barry C. Roach

Yes indeed, Trevor.

4. Barry C. Roach

I would imagine the Florida folks who knew probably already know but a call to Barb Rocheford will catch about all the rest. I don't have her number, sorry.

5. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

A sad day, he will be missed..........Ken and Irene Jeffries

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have known Jay for many years way back from the MSC, he was one of the Good Guys ... Condolances to friends and family ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. t-bar

t-bar Member

We are sorry about Jay, the Ill. shooters here at the Dollar have been told Barry.

Barb

8. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

Very sorry to hear about this...Jay was one of the good guys..he will be missed, Condolences to the family.

9. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

We have lost a friend and fellow member. He will missed but never forgotten.

Jim Olin

10. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I always looked forward to talking to Jay in the spring on his return from Arizona and catching up on his winter stories.<br>
    Rest in Peace PAPAJAY, godspeed. Condolences and prayers to Karen. Harv & Debbie Shell

11. smoking clays

smoking clays Member

I am sad to hear the news of Jays passing. He was a good friend and a great person. He will greatly be missed. Rest in peace my friend.

Randy Walker

12. JSED

JSED TS Member

Sorry to hear about the passing of Jay, Karen please accept our condolences and prayers. Jerry & Debbie

13. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Visitation for F.J. Marquard will be Weds. Feb 23rd at the Woodlawn Funeral Home and Cemetary (7600 W. Cermak Rd) Des Plaines Ave & 22nd St in Forest Park at 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.

Marquard, F.J. "Jay" Age 67, of Lisle passed away February 17, 2011. Loving husband of Karen; beloved father of Jennifer (Mark) Clanton, Andrew (Erin), and the late Greg; cherished grandfather of Mandy, Mitchell, and Samantha; loving brother to David (Kathy), Jane (George) and Joan (Tom); dear uncle to Victoria and David. Visitation Wednesday February 23, 2011 from10:00 a.m. until start of 1:00 p.m. Funeral Service at Woodlawn Funeral Home, 7750 W. Cermak Road, Forest Park. Interment Private. Info (708) 442-8500 or www.woodlawnchicago.com

14. Barry C. Roach

Thanks so much Harv.

15. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Sorry to here of Jay's passing. I met him here on this site 3 years ago when he was selling some STS gold hulls. Talked to him on phone, met at Grand in 08 and purchased 3200 hulls from him. He was a real nice gentleman. Rest in peace Jay and my deepest condolences to his family.

John

16. Barry C. Roach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jay zappacosta obit