1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama's Whoppers Last Night

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jimrich60, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Obama

Although Obama's speech to the Joint Session of Congress last nite was filled with distortions, scare mongering, and outright lies, as an affected senior citizen, two of them struck me immediately as completely idiotic. First of all, in one sense, Obama actually made a "true" statement (the only one of the entire speech) when he said that "not one dime would come out of the Medicare trust fund." Although a deliberate bit of political fakery this is actually true, at least in one sense, since there is no such thing as a medicare "trust fund" so of course, he won't (can't) take even a dime out of it. Second was his pledge that health care "reform" would be paid for by "eliminating the hundreds of billions of dollars of waste, fraud, and abuse" in the current medicare and medicaid programs. But,if there really are hundreds of billions of dollars being wasted, and the government already knows this, and it is so easy to eliminate it, then why are we not already doing this whether or not it is used for reform? Is Obama saying waste, fraud and abuse of funds in medicare is ok, unless it is used for Obamacare? Just about everything else he said was either false, a distortion of reality, or an outright lie as well, but those examples particularly struck me.

Jim R

2. over/under

over/under Member

Face it this guy is still on the campaign trail. He is not a leader. Just an organizer. Wants bi-partisianship, but how many Republicans are on any of the committees? 6 out of 535? Sounds real bi-partisian. We are heading into a very dangerous arena.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I kind of doubt that even Obama believed what he said ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I beleive He did make another true statement. No illegal immigrants will be covered under this plan. As stated he is not lying but what you are not being told is tha fact that the illegals will be given amnesty shortly after this goes through. They will then be citizens and will be put on the plan.So in that respect he is not lying, you are just not getting the rest of the story. Bulge.,

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

"No illegal immigrants will be covered under this plan"

The law also states that it will be illegal to ask anyone if they are an illegal alien. So, what do you think is going to happen when an illegal alien shows up at a hospital?

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

First time I ever heard a sitting President called a liar to his face.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

When he was called a liar, it was the only true statement made all night ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Actually it was the best part of the speech. The look on his face was priceless.

Don

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

He just wants to slam this through to protect his Presidential image and insure a re election knowing full well that it won't work and will have to be over hauled billions of dollars down the road. He makes me puke to listen to him and I cannot believe that the people who voted him in cannot see through this guy. Some of you are on this sight and still believe him, give me a frickin break people. Obama is a liar period. He does not give a damn about this country or you and I, just himself.

10. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

And when he was called a liar, Nancy's face looked like she just ate a sour turd.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

she is always like that,,,,why do you think she needs the plastic surgery....

12. bigdogtx

"No illegal immigrants will be covered under this plan"

Hmmmm,,,,IIRC the new healthcare plan would cover all the 40 or 50 million uninsured,,,,seems like all are in agreement that in this number is 10-12 million illegal aliens,,,,IF you cover ALL the "uninsured" and several million of these are illegal aliens,,,,then WHICH part is the lie????

Maybe dahab or fathak can explain this....Also why in July, hussein said we had "50 million" uninsured and last night it was "37 million",,,,looks like things are getting better WITHOUT them doing anything,,,,or is that the illegal aliens that were eliminated,,,,so many lies and double speak!!!! C'mon boys, please explain as I am just curious....

13. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

I would have given anything just to have seen this liar's face should that damn teleprompter had stopped working...I was a hoping, praying and had my fingers crossed that the screen on it would go blank>>>>

This guy sounded like a preacher....I have a dream! He couldn't say s@#t without reading it.

Just one other thing, To all of the people that voted for this thug: You care nothing about our freedoms. You care nothing about our veterans. You care nothing about the United States of America, as a matter of fact, someone needs to bore a hole in your head and crap in it,,,just so you can say you have something between your ears!

Grizzly Adams

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Grizzly- you cracked me up with that one

15. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

It was very enlightening to see that Obama used every tactic in last nights speech that he accuses those who oppose his policies of. I think Governor Palin, in her response to Obama's speech, says it very well.

"Our objections to the Democrats’ health care proposals are not mere “bickering” or “games.” They are not an attempt to “score short term political points.” And it’s hard to listen to the President lecture us not to use “scare tactics” when in the next breath he says that “more will die” if his proposals do not pass.

In his speech the President directly responded to concerns I’ve raised about unelected bureaucrats being given power to make decisions affecting life or death health care matters. He called these concerns “bogus,” “irresponsible,” and “a lie” -- so much for civility. After all the name-calling, though, what he did not do is respond to the arguments we’ve made, arguments even some of his own supporters have agreed have merit."

Classic marxist rhetoric by the Obamination, straight from the Alinsky/Ayers playbooks.

Jim R

16. bigdogtx

He also said, "But thanks to the bold and decisive action we have taken since January, I can stand here with confidence and say that we have pulled this economy back from the brink."

Really???? Does he not see that we have in reality 16% Unemployment, Banks continuing to fail, credit for small businesses completely invisible....He is still smoking,,,,and I don't mean cigarettes!!!!

"And every day, 14,000 Americans lose their coverage.",,,,Well maybe he IS seeing what is happening when people get laid off...

"These are the facts. Nobody disputes them. We know we must reform this system. The question is how." He needs to get some different advisors as they are not keeping him informed....

17. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

18. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If anything "brought us back form the brink" it must have been the 800 billion Bush threw at it before he left office. Even Rahmie-boy said it would likely "take two years before the effect of the stimulus was felt". Of course Dumbo Biden was on television this week, bragging on the "comeback". He was so giddy, he was talking about plagiarizing another law paper (something he'd be a lot more familiar with).

" A few days later, Biden's plagiarism incident in law school came to light.[17] It was also revealed that when earlier questioned by a New Hampshire resident about his grades in law school, Biden had inaccurately recollected graduating in the "top half" of his class, that he had attended law school on a full scholarship, and had received three degrees in college. He had in fact earned a single B.A. with a double major in history and political science, had received a half scholarship to law school based on financial need with some additional assistance based in part upon academics, and had graduated 76th of 85 in his law school class.[121]" Wickipedia

19. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

This was a campaign speech; heavy on emotion and light on the facts and a detailed action plan.

Loved the way he talked louder and faster at the end over the Democrats applause, as trained speakers are apt to do in motivating their minions to action. (McCain tried it - poorly - in his acceptance speech.)

If the conservative media and blogs present the facts, Hussain will fail in passing his big government, high cost, health care program.

This is the beginning of his fall from grace; Afganistan will deliver the final blow.

Dave

20. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Grizz,,figure out how to condense your last paragraph into a bumper sticker and I'll pay to have then printed,,,,LOL,, that was GREAT!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.