1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Listo777, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

Jun 21, 2007

Texas State Rifle Association Political Action

To TSRA Members: Below is an open letter from the Illinois State

Rifle Association's chief lobbyist,

please read!

Illinois State Rifle Association

420 E. Locust, P.O. Box 637, Chatsworth, IL 60921

Phone: (815) 635-3198 or (815) 635-3166 Fax: (815) 635-3723 Website: http://tsra.com/newslette...amp;l=-http--www.isra.org href="http://tsra.com/newsletter/lt/t_go.php?i=122&e=NzMz&l=-http--www.isra.org">www.isra.org

Fellow Sportsman:

Over the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle

I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that

experience, I know Obama's attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be

told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for

the law-abiding firearm owner than Barack Obama.

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2 nd Amendment, his voting

record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted

for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens.

That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners and forcibly confiscate

banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers

including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill

that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. At

the same time, Obama has proven himself to be a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator,

Obama voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of

home and family.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a "friend" of the law-abiding gun owner?

And speaking of friends, you can always tell a person by the company they keep. Obama counts

among his friends the Rev. Michael Pfleger - a renegade Chicago priest who has openly called for the

murder of gun shop owners and pro-gun legislators. Then there is his buddy Richard Daley, the mayor

of Chicago who has declared that if it were up to him, nobody would be allowed to own a gun. And let's

not forget Obama's pal George Soros - the guy who has pumped millions of dollars into the UN's

international effort to disarm law-abiding citizens.

Obama has shown that he is more than willing to use other people's money to fund his campaign to

take your guns away from you. While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote

checks for tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois

Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a "friend" of the law-abiding gun owner?

By now, I'm sure that many of you have received mailings from an organization called

"American Hunters and Shooters Association(AHSA)" talking about what a swell fellow Obama is and

how he honors the 2 Amendment and how you will never have to worry about Obama coming to take

your guns. Let me make it perfectly clear - everything the AHSA says about Obama is pure hogwash.

The AHSA is headed by a group of left-wing elitists who subscribe to the British view of hunting and shooting.

That is, a state of affairs where hunting and shooting are reserved for the wealthy upper-crust who can afford

guided hunts on exclusive private reserves.

The AHSA is not your friend, never will be.

In closing, I'd like to remind you that I'm a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights

issues. The Obama I know cannot even begin to identify with this nation's outdoor traditions. The Obama I

know sees you, the law abiding gun owner, as nothing but a low-class lummox who is easily swayed by the

flash of a smile and a ration of rosy rhetoric. The Obama I know is a stony-faced liar who has honed

his skill at getting what he wants - so long as people are willing to give it to him.

That's the Barack Obama I know.

Richard A. Pearson

Executive Director

Illinois State Rifle Association

Open Letter to Sportsmen:10/10/08
  2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
  3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The person Mr. Pearson describes must not be elected into office. VOTE!, VOTE!, VOTE!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

EDGARMCM TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have been a member of the ISRA for many years and Richard Pearson is a straight shooter and tells it like it is. Obama is no friend of the law abiding gun owner. Obama is a product of the Chicago political machine and not to be trusted.
  5. Bubba

Bubba Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Baton Rouge Louisiana
    Good info.
  6. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Obama,Biden,Pelosi,Reid...all at the same time with total control and fillibuster proof. If you don't think gun owners are in trouble with this bunch you need to do some reading. We are in a tight spot boys......
  7. spritc

spritc Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Listo, good information and very timely. I think we all knew about Osama, but we all know now without a doubt.

Thank you,
  8. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I agree with Dednlost.."We are in a tight spot boys" with these congressional clowns. We must be ever vigil over the next four years if Obama wins this presidential election. If your not an NRA member you better join. If your a current member renew your membership and get involved. If you stand on the sidelines and are apathetic we will become easy targets for the likes of George Soros and every other foreign nut who is out funding Democratic liberals to challenge the 2nd Amendment!

Personally, they don't have the physical ability to take away all of our guns because their are so many out their. What they can do is go after ( tort) firearm & ammunition mfg that sooner or later effect us all!

Rick Brohmer
  9. RAScott

RAScott Member

Feb 28, 2008
    I have a VERY bad feeling about this election< This is good info, and needs to be spread to all shooting sports.
  10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Obama is not about rights for the rich, hard workers, or gun owners. To him, you have no rights, and the government is free to steal your money and your property, and take your rights away.
  11. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    How about this right...

Obama's support for states' right to issue drivers licenses to illegal immigrants.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzKC5wwxPhM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzKC5wwxPhM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.