1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama's Online Advantage...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Obama

Obama has hired geeks to delve into online information about people for political advantage.

"CHICAGO — On the sixth floor of a sleek office building here, more than 150 techies are quietly peeling back the layers of your life. They know what you read and where you shop, what kind of work you do and who you count as friends. They also know who your mother voted for in the last election.

The depth and breadth of the Obama campaign’s 2012 digital operation — from data mining to online organizing — reaches so far beyond anything politics has ever seen, experts maintain, that it could impact the outcome of a close presidential election. It makes the president’s much-heralded 2008 social media juggernaut — which raised half billion dollars and revolutionized politics — look like cavemen with stone tablets...."

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

He doesn/t need that, I'll tell him.

HM

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Sorry, I fail to see how Obama's minions knowing who my mother voted for is going to impact anything. Elections are decided by votes and 'boots on the ground'. Phone calls and knocking on doors, plain and simple. BUT oh so hard to do unless you have lots of people willing and able to spend their time doing it. That's a lot different than digging into people's pasts and pissing them off.

Ask Scott Walker. Better yet, ask Tom Barret how the Republican get-out-the-vote strategy worked.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

I don't agree this is harmless and benign. Obama knows he's reached the maximum level of support, percentage-wise, that he's ever going to get. It's probably in the neighborhood of 47-something percent. That's it. That's his slice of the pie...IF he can get them to the polls. He knows Romney probably has the enthusiasm advantage, if 2010, Wisconsin, and other contests are any indication. So he knows he has to grow the pie. He'll get 97 percent of black voters...but is that 97 percent of a turnout of 20 million...or 97 percent of a turnout of 40 million?

Same with gays...

Same with unions...

Same with teachers...

This election will be close as hell, I'm guessing. Percentages really don't matter, it's how many people you get to come out for you on D-day. And this kind of micro-targeting can make a difference.

I predict when the Chocolate Bolshevik wins this thing - people on the Right are going to have no frickin' idea how he did it. Just like Bill Clinton in 1996. How the hell did that happen? We still don't know. Not a one of us knows anybody who will admit voting for Clinton a second time...but the son-of-a-bitch got back in, didn't he?

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    buzzy gets it.

6. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

buzzy and others:

It's going to be SOoooooooooooooo close. Just like many of the pundits were saying about Wisconsin. And what was the final vote count in WI ? Drum roll please. Walker 53%, Barrett 46%. CNN, based on exit polls, was reporting that Barrett would probably win at 9 PM election night. ONE HOUR LATER THEY WERE CALLING IT FOR Scott Walker.

Get out and work for your candidate, House or Senate. Oh, and also work for Mitt Romney. Let's give him a complete Republican House and Senate majority.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

7. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Can't say Romney will get the most votes, but he will win handily in The Electoral College.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.