1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama's next targets: Walmart, Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

A far-left think tank founded with input from President Obama is pushing a plan for private retail stores such as Walmart to create a “new wage floor” that hikes workers’ wages by at least 27 percent to $12.25 per hour.

The scheme is outlined in a new study published by Demos, a longtime partner of the disgraced ACORN activist group.

www.donnelly-boland.comUnmentioned in the Demos study is that the “new wage floor” is modeled after another Demos plan for a “living wage” that devastated business when it was attempted in some cities in the 1990s as a pet project of ACORN.

According to Demos’ own website, while Obama was a state senator in 1999, he served on the working group that founded Demos.Click above for the rest of it.

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Reguardless of what you want to debate.

If your a single person household and NOT making $12.25 an hour.

YOU GOT BIG PROBLEMS!!!

GS

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Why am I not surprised?

The term "living wage" is just a marxist ploy to rip of legitimate businesses. In case Odummy didn't know, we already have a minimum wage in this country. If he thinks the minimum wage should be raised, he should propose doing that in the open.

Libtards claim that the minimum wage doesn't affect unemployment rates so why not raise it to $100 per hour, maybe $200 per hour? That would stimulate the economy and make everybody happy. Obama would be a hero and liberals would never again lose an election. O happy days.!!!!!

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Midalake, if employees don't like what they make then they can look for another job. But if you do look for another job you better be worth it. ITS a choice everyone can make. If you don't like your circumstances then you do something about it.
    barrelbulge_2008_21088.jpg

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

midalake, who built your house? Of course I'm sure it was union carpenters.

You wouldn't buy a house built by low wage scabs would you? How about your furniture, clothes, shoes? Your appliances and lawnmower?

See it all the time. A pro union, high wage preacher hires a crew of farmers to build his shop or garage.

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Would still be considered poor...

‘Poverty’ like we’ve never seen it

By ROBERT RECTOR

Last Updated: 12:48 AM, November 27, 2012

A family of four with full medical insurance, living in Oakland, can be considered “poor” if its yearly pre-tax income is below $42,500. In Washington, DC, the figure is $40,300; in Boston, $39,500; in New York, $37,900.

The goal of fighting poverty is no longer about meeting physical needs; instead it has been covertly shifted to equalizing incomes, or “spreading the wealth.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/poverty_like_we_ve_never_seen_it_1Tm0h9YpmVsEc2gHYm6DaN

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

You have no right to a "living wage". You're entitled to what wage you earn commensurate to the value of your labor. When I statrted working at age 15 I earned $1.05 an hour; i.e., that's what my labor was worth at that time. After military and later graduating from college my labor wage greatly increased. The government has no constitutional right to force a living wage. Picking winners and losers will only lead to destruction. Let's face it, the housing bubble, was created when the government greased the skids for the banks and people who couldn't afford it to borrow money with little skin in the game. The bubble's foundation started with the passage of the Community Reinvestment Act, then with Freddie & Fannie participation further greased the skids setting the stage for disaster. Let's face it, when government is a prime player in the game it will lead to disaster. The next bubble will be the college loan program which will fail. BT100dc

8. crewswalden

crewswalden Member

BT-100dc, your comment is right on the money. I've got two sons in college, and this government run college loan program is the biggest scam going. Exactly imitates the housing ponzi scheme that eventually brought the whole country down. Just unbelievable, but you have to be involved, ie be a parent or guardian of a college kid, in order to really understand just what a scam it is. Thus, most people have no idea. Unfortunately though, I've come to the conclusion that is doesn't matter. The vast majority of Obama voters don't care, don't want to know. It really is very scary for the future.

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

If they did care they still wouldnt understand the problems, Half dont even read..

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I'm with you on the college scam, crewswalden, since I currently have 2 kids in college.

11. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

My two daughters are in the last year of graduate school, getting MASTERS. the youngest program was 1 year including clinic. How 2 years jnstead of one,was 3 1/2 days school work 1 and hqlf days clinic.
    Was changed,price remained,2 days school work one day clinic,rest of week off extended 2 years, had to pay extra year of school, apt expenses,etc, schools answer,if you dont like it. Lee

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

the numbers don't jibe: the fed min wage is only $7.25. plus, it didn't give a date as to when this almost doubling in the min wage was to occur: perhaps when the dollar is worth at least 27% less? good luck with it

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Most of these walmart employees shop at walmart. Now, add the increase of the price of the items they will have to pay for because of their wage increase, and they are back to zero increase.

How the hell can these people see ANYTHING with their heads up their asses.

On Melissa Frances's money show on Fox Business, she had a dingbat from this org on her show. Melissa explained and explained that it cannot work, but the dingbat said their "models" prove they would. Meliisa said your models are broken.

14. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Dr. Adrian Rogers

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I like that Doc, is it original?

16. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's original, I may of heard something similar when the left talks about raising corporate taxes on businesses.

Increase the corporate tax, then pass this increase on to the consumer, who now needs to pay more for a product. Net gain....none, but its the lower income people that it will effect more. (% of income)

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch "Face the Nation"? They had Simpson and Bowles on. You know, the guys that are heading the partisan deficit reduction plan.

They said that even if we raised taxes to Clinton era rate, it would only pay 25% of the yearly ADDITIONAL 1 billion deficit! It wouldn't even touch the existing deficit.

"Slashing entitlements are the only way". No one wants to do it, especially Obama because it would make him a promise breaker, but it must. "We have made promises we can not keep" said Bowles, a Democrat.

Simpson also said that the current elderly, which will increase dramatically in the next 30 years, will suck the economy dry with entitlement spending on health care and "means testing"???? whatever that really means, must be implemented. (push granny off the cliff?)

Both agreed that the market is not up to speed with the problem (possible crash again?).

This is not good people, not good at all.

18. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am of the opinion that that HRH Hussien does not care anything about the fiscal cliff, debt reduction and so forth. He has spent four years working on his social agenda, political agenda, and trying to make a martyr out of himself. He has what he wants, namely power and wealth. He is a narcissist. He has operated without a budget for three years. 535 members of Congress cannot agree to stop spending money we don't have, and he hasn't helped at all. It has already been stated that his little regime costs 20 times more to keep up than the British Royals. He appoints Czars, thereby usurping the authority of Congress. He issues Executive Orders to gain more authority and power. Now he wants Congress to give up the power of debt ceiling control to him. Now his solution is to fix all by raising taxes on people with income over $250,000, thereby blaming the country's woes on the rich.

With that being said, go back and look at how Hitler came to power. Hitler told the masses that all of their problems were the fault of the Jews. The Jews had stolen their livelyhoods. So they declared war on the Jews. Hitler appointed henchmen like Himmler, Geobbels, Heydrich, etc. I would liken them to Holder, Jarret, Rice and a host of others. The similarities are scarey. It has been said on here at various times over the last 6 to 12 months, that history doesn't repeat itself, and that we should forget the past. Well, bullsxxt. He may not use the type of force that the Nazis did, but the same type of underhandedness is there. Food for thought. Charlie

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

A lot of what you wrote makes sense Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.