1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama's grandmother dies a day before election

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by txnlegacy, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txnlegacy

txnlegacy TS Member

ABC News HONOLULU – A day before the presidential election, Barack Obama announced the death Monday of his grandmother, who helped raise him and who he praised as the cornerstone of his family. The Democratic presidential candidate announced the news in a joint statement with his sister Maya Soetoro-Ng. He said his grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, had died peacefully after a battle with cancer.

He said: "She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility. She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances."

The candidate learned of her death Monday morning while he was campaigning in Jacksonville, Fla. He planned to go ahead with campaign appearances.

Late last month, Obama took a break from campaigning and flew to Hawaii to be with the 86-year-old Dunham.

Obama said the decision to go to Hawaii was easy to make, telling CBS that he "got there too late" when his mother died of ovarian cancer in 1995 at 53, and wanted to make sure "that I don't make the same mistake twice."

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

wonder why he didn't take the wife and kids when he went to see her last week,,,,,huuuuuuummmm,,,

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

How do you "get there too late" when somebody dies of ovarian cancer?!!! It's not like it's a sudden death.

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

So now we're attacking him about his mother's death and grandmother's death?
    -Trappy

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

How did he pull that one off, he ain't even the President yet ..? and hopefully will never be ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. recurvyarcher

He's not being attacked, just pointing out a fact.

Did you read his book, Trappy?

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Yes, but what is the intent/motive of that?
    -Trappy

8. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

They couldn`t have planed that one better. JMO

Tom R.

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Although I`m not voting for him , I wish him my condolences . Losing anyone in the family is tragic especially during these times and so close to the end of the election .

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Huh...another person who knows where he was REALLY born, is now DEAD...

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

"Well it is in your joy that I regret that I am going to have to be leaving this site. It is my decision to leave as a member tracked me down, as well as my coach and made a call to him saying that I had made anti-gun statements. I had made one anti-gun statement during my duration, near the very beginning of my stay at this site and it was me saying that "I don't believe that everyone should be able to walk around with an assault weapon." This quote is not direct, I don't have the exact message, I just know it was somewhere along these lines. Well that was a few years ago now, and views have changed. I was rather naive and ignorant to the reasoning behind assault weapons, but now I know. I was also accused of name calling. It is unfortunate as that is exactly what I stay away from, and try to keep my posts and constructive as possible. Though they are typically not looked upon in a good light, I do not make personal attacks, yet that was unfortunately said. I apologize to those I offended, it was definitely not my intent. All in all I have learned a lot, and appreciate those who gave me encouragement, as it is all a part of my learning process in life. I also appreciate those who did not give me encouragement, but made constructive posts none the less. I wish I didn't have to leave, but it is just my decision since I have now become a bit more public, and I do not want the attention. Thanks to all, -Trappy" May 28, 2008

Tom(AJ100)

12. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

My sympathy to to Family for their lose. We all have had to deal with these happening in our lives.

He announced the death on Monday.

Now, Lets see what date the official death certificate shows she passed away?

No, I don't trust any of them.

13. recurvyarcher

WHEW...Tom, I thought YOU were leaving for a minute there...

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wonder if he got a "Vince" lesson from Hilary. Keep your eyes on the Aunt in the Boston projects. Bulge

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Or is it the other granny who stated he was born in Kenya?

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

She was old, she had cancer, she died.

I don't know if it was this one or the other (paternal) grandmother that swore he was born in Kenya.

Since they had to use an interpreter I assume it was the Paternal one.

Hitler had a grandmother too.

HM

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wouldn't put anything past that guy. Maybe to make sure she didn't talk after the election. Bulge

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

It's OK, he got to say "good bye" while he went through all her papers cleaning out the files.

19. recurvyarcher

Rick, he's under-age...please don't post his personal information on here.

He's young and has not worked in the real world yet. Let him learn by arguing on here. As he works, raises kids, travels abroad and sees other countries first-hand, he will evolve.

20. RAScott

RAScott Member

I am not sure his is so young for all we know it is Obama Himself, the way he sticks up for him.
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.