1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama's Church, wait until you see this ...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by W.P.T., Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama mentioned his church during his appearance with Oprah. It's the Trinity Church of Christ. I found this interesting.

Obama's church:
    Please read and go to this church's website and read what is written there. It is very alarming.
    Barack Obama is a member of this church and is running for President of the U.S. If you look at the first page of their website, you will learn that this congregation has a non-negotiable
    commitment to Africa. No where is AMERICA even mentioned. Notice too, what color you will need to be if you should want to join
    Obama's church... B-L-A-C-K!!! Doesn't look like his choice of religion has improved much over his (former?) Muslim upbringing.
    Are you aware that Obama's middle name is Mohammed? Strip away his nice looks, the big smile and smooth talk and what do you get? Certainly a racist, as plainly defined by the stated position of his church! And possibly a covert worshiper of the Muslim faith, even today. This guy desires to rule over America
    while his loyalty is totally vested in a Black Africa!
    I cannot believe this has not been all over the TV and newspapers.
    This is why it is so important to pass this message along to all of
    our family & friends. To think that Obama has even the slightest
    chance in the run for the presidency, is really scary.
    Click on the link below:
    This is the web page for the church Barack Obama belongs to:
    www.tucc.org/about.htm

All the news all the time ... A friend sent me this in an E Mail ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

The URL is above. Golly, I'm sooo shocked to hear of a black church. There are only about 10,000,000 of them in the country.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

This figures, but wait till you find out what Hillary Dillary's church is!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So....the original Christians who converted from Judaism weren't really Christians?

As for his being muslim, I don't see anything but Christ mentioned at the website.

I think there is a lot of real stretching being done to paint Obama as a muslim.

His church clearly says it's a black church, but that's a long ways from saying "blacks only". In fact, their mission statement, below, says they are for eliminating the "color line" in society.

Yes, his church does say they have a commitment to their beginnings in Africa. I don't see where they are advocating a nation within a nation like Farrakhan does.

Frankly, I see emails such as you received to be ignorant racist attacks on Obama. I don't need crap like that to convince me to not vote for him. All I have to do is look at his extremely liberal voting record. Especially the one on the Second Amendment and his statements thereof.

From their website:

Mission Statement: What Trinity Is About

Trinity United Church of Christ has been called by God to be a congregation that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that does not apologize for its African roots! As a congregation of baptized believers, we are called to be agents of liberation not only for the oppressed, but for all of God’s family. We, as a church family, acknowledge, that we will, building on this affirmation of "who we are" and "whose we are," call men, women, boys and girls to the liberating love of Jesus Christ, inviting them to become a part of the church universal, responding to Jesus’ command that we go into all the world and make disciples!

We are called out to be "a chosen people" that pays no attention to socio-economic or educational backgrounds. We are made up of the highly educated and the uneducated. Our congregation is a combination of the haves and the have-nots; the economically disadvantaged, the under-class, the unemployed and the employable.

The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution!

W.E.B. DuBois indicated that the problem in the 20th century was going to be the problem of the color line. He was absolutely correct. Our job as servants of God is to address that problem and eradicate it in the name of Him who came for the whole world by calling all men, women, boys and girls to Christ.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

UCC in general is a big-time liberal anti-gun church.

Nobody who chooses to continue to be associated with it is worth a shit, in my opinion.

6. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I am shocked, a liberal candidate attends a liberal church.

7. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"Yes, his church does say they have a commitment to their beginnings in Africa."

Not quite true, Brian. If you read the website, you'll find that it says that they are " A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA."

..Not a commitment to their beginnings, but a commitment to the continent of nations they call Africa. While they, the church, have every right to commit to any country they choose, having a US President committing to another continent is unthinkable.
    A US President should be committed to the USA and nothing else.

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Brian, You evidently didn't read the part about "A non-conditional commitment to Africa" I guess that explains his refusal to say the pledge, or wear an American flag lapel pin. He is the racist. I live in America, I am an American, not a White,Irish,English,German American. Just plain old American, and my non-conditional commitment is to the USA. Unlike Osama H. Obama, who has shown his undeniable disrespect for our flag, he just as well be a Muslim, either way he's not right. I read that mission statement a little diffrent than you do.
    J.Woolsey

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Why not email them and ask them exactly what it means then, instead of guessing at it?

10. smartass

smartass TS Member

Now there, Brian, how much fun would that be? It's far more fun to speculate from near total ignorance. LOL

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I do so dearly wish that Buzzy would stop holding back and tell us how he REALLY feels!

12. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Sound Communist? "The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution"

RobertT

13. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

The only one sounding like a racist is WPT. I am not a supporter of Obama but I find nothing wrong with the church he belongs to. It sounds like a christian church with a committment to African countries. So what??? How many white churches are constantly on TV or in your face about sending money to Rommunia, S. Russia, Czech, and Latin America? There are many churches especially in the south that still only cater to white memberships and that is a fact!

History continues to repeat itself with Kennedy being grilled for being catholic taking his cues from Rome, Mitt Romney constantly explaining his position as a Mormom and now Obama! The constitution makes it clear that their is a "seperation of church and state" and reviews it constantly! We have seen absolutely NO SIGN where any affiliated religion is wedgin itself in politics except "conservative christianity" which I am a supporter of. No one person or President regardless of the church he or she attends attend or the religion he or she chooses is going to override the congress and the American people!

Don't be so damn paranoid!

Rick

14. BT99er

BT99er TS Member

code5coupe- Your posts both here and on other forums indicate that you know almost as much about politics as you do about shooting in general which amounts to NOT MUCH!!!!!

15. jmas

jmas TS Member

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those of you who are bashing the UCC Congegational churches know not of which you speak.

My wife and I have been members of this denomination for many years and I say with full conviction that you are full of sh*t. WE are WASPs and have never detected a tendancy of "A non-conditional commitment to Africa" either within our local church or within our denomination.

jmas

16. smartass

smartass TS Member

Actually, Rick, if you would read the constitution you would learn that it says absolutely nothing about the separation of church and state.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rico46,

I passed on something that I got in an E Mail that I thought might of been of interest to people in general and I get called a racist ..? Not sure what you mean but that proves you do not know me other than my name ... If you get some time take a look long and hard at some of the other interesting points made on the website and you will see a new meaning of Racist personified ... I don't care if he is a Muslim, Black, Pink, Orange, or Rican because there are two things that his is that tell me he is not my kind of people ... One he is a Democrate and second he is a Politician, the fact that he will not show respect for the American Flag is a total different subject and issue ... Thats the way it is, so if that makes me a Racist so be it ... I got a feeling you have more than one face or in other words are two faced and say one thing and do another ... I call em as I see em, like it or not ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. porky

porky TS Member

Obama had to have the Muslin (qur'an/ Spelling?) bible in order to be sworn in as a new senator, Not the Bible.Anyway, I worked with Muslins and they told me that the Muslin bible said it was perfectly acceptable to lie to infidels(non-muslims)in order to complete whatever mission you had, but you cannot lie to another Muslin. I think the point of all of this is Obama is trying to be president and is in association with a group professing allegience to Africa. I'll bet they would complain if say Edwards was in a church that held meetings with white robes and burning crosses. Again the point is that here is someone with a lot of political possibly presidential power advocating Black supremacy.We already have given enough to Africa as well as all the other countries, why elect someone who will focus on moving resources from our country to their forefather's homelant. Nothing like having your face rubbed in it.

19. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Got this in an email, said it checks out on snoopes.

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born
    in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM
    from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white Athiest from
    Wichita, Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two
    years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His

mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.
    When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama
    attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a
    Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is
    quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also
    attended Catholic school."

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that

that he is not a radical.

Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this
    influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned
    to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct
    influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham,
    introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school
    in Jakarta.

Wahabism is the RADICAL ISLAMIC teaching that is followed by the Muslim
    terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since
    it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major
    public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined
    the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim
    background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he
    DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor

will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands

over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential
    candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside
    out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the
    President of the United States, one of their own!!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading
    our country?...... NOT ME!!!

20. incognito

incognito TS Member

Instead of saying you're sorry for the flinch, why not just go fix the post???? It would be better for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.