1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama's Birthplace Questioned Again...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bluzman98, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Obama

Interesting reading.

Jim C

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

The really interesting part of this story is not that a reserve Major questioned the legitimacy of deployment orders on the basis of questions on Obama's true birthplace, but that the Army reacted not by court martial for disobedience of orders, but by canceling the orders. As a retired veteran, I find that most interesting of all. I cannot recall from my military career a case of treating disobedience of orders by canceling the order. Draw what conclusion you may from the Army's reaction in this instance.

Jim R

3. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I too found the Army's reaction interesting to say the least. Could be that the fear of a subpoena forcing the provision of Obama's documents had some bearing.

Now that the precedence has been set, what are the chances of other military personnel doing the same?

Jim C

4. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I have read most everything that has been published on this subject. My opinion is, for what ever that is worth, is Obama may very well have been born in another country and not be eligible to be the President of the US under our current constitutional laws.

BUT, he has been elected, he is our current president, and unless his popularity rating falls well below 50%, there is not a senator, congressman or supreme court justice that would act on any legal proceedings against Obama for fear of repercussions. Obama will bury anyone that crosses him! Ask Palin!

Mark Rounds

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I am sure none of you has ever seen anything like the destruction to this country caused by this guy. And after only a few months in office. This guy has 4 YEARS. He proposes a new spending program every day. I honestly don't know if we can survive this guy. He is far worse than anything I could have imagined in my worst nightmare. What have liberals done to us.

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I think 4 years is only the start. If he runs again, he will no doubt spend whatever it takes to get re-elected. By the end of his first 4 years he should have complete control of our financial system...his money will be unlimited!

7. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Jim C:

In my opinion, that is the point of the Army's action here (and I am sure it was a directed action from the administration). By canceling the order, they now give the federal court the excuse to declare (as the courts have done in other lawsuits on this subject) to declare the Major has "no standing" to bring a suit, since he is no longer "directly affected" by the lack of birth certificate. Thus the court never has to address the actual question at all.

It does, as you note, however, bring up the interesting point of others. What happens, for instance, if the government "federalzes" another National Guard unit to deploy them? What happens if the entire unit refuses the order under these grounds, or if the state does so? Does the Defense Department just cancel federalizing that unit and try to deploy some other state unit? Our entire military structure could collapse that way.

Could be some interesting times ahead

Jim R

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Maybe it's my naievity but, I cannot see why a Federal Judge would not take on the case and make him prove that he has(I doubt) or has not a legitimate birth certificate.
    If he is proven to not have one, which is most likely,Obama would be removed from office and there could not be retaliation towards the Judge.
    The only exception would be if the Judge feared for his life if he/she brought Obama to task. How do you see it? Bulge

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If Obama was born in Hawaii when he says he was he is not a citizen of the United States any way because Hawaii was not a state then ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Hawaii became a state in August 1959, Barry's BC shows a birth date of August 1961. No golden BB there.

11. JOND

JOND TS Member

ACORN will assure his re-election;one way or another!!! JOND

12. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

WPT unless I am wrong Hawaii became a state in 1958, he was born in 1961.
    I don't believe for one minute he is a NATURAL BORN CITZEN of the USA.

Dave

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have my dates bassackwords sorry to all ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

What were the birth place choices?

A. Free clinic

B. Automobile

C. Agriculture field

D. Kenya

15. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Water....

That was funny.

Jim C

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Waterhouselake, He was born in a car, parked in a field, next to the free clinic, in Kenya.

Your answer is all of the above.

Bulge.

17. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Markdenis-you must be a close relative to Obamo with a loose screw if you think its proven hes not a US citizen and he will be allowed to stay in that office as well as a second term.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

THE Birth Certificate - FINALLY!

NOW IT'S OFFICIAL! After spending $950,000

on attorneys to fend off releasing ANYTHING

to prove he is a citizen of USA

Obama recently released his Hawaii birth certificate

......and I hope, once and for all the matter will be

dropped and I will not have five or six emails each

day from all you ultra-right-wingers with a different

conspiracy angle...

He was elected as our President and we need to get

over the fact we lost... !! So please stop stirring up

things and trying to discredit him with all these stupid

and groundless rumors.....

Attached is a copy of his birth certificate

and I hope this will put the matter to rest

once and for all!

[​IMG]

Looks like some of the others though....:D

19. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Barrelbulge....No wonder I had a difficult time with this multiple choice question. Thanks for the clarification.

Question number 2.

After little Barry was born, do his momma be eligible for....

A. Aid to families with dependent chillrens

B. WIC

C. Medicaid

D. Foodstamps

E. All of the above

20. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

slic lee

If any judge in this country would agree to here the case, it would be blocked by so many orders years would pass before it came to trial. Even further, if there was a hearing and subsequently ruled he was not qualified under our laws to become president, it would make absolutely no difference to both political parties in the country until the supreme court ruled on the matter...which would take many more years!

The point is, it really does not matter at this point if he is qualified or not as long as his ratings are high. However, I do agree if his ratings dropped well below the point they are now, politicians would push things along with no reservations for their own careers.

As it stands we are stuck with him, at least until things other than qualification issues are brought forth, for the entirety of his term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.