1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obamacare seems to be imploding.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why is this so like the worst case scenario many foresaw when the bill was being considered in congress?

Check this out then forward it to your friends... interesting stuff...
    ObamaCare Imploding

Okay folks, I know you think the C-Span Channel that broadcasts all those Congressional hearings is boring, but, really, you should have been around to watch the Senate Finance Committee's hearing Wednesday on the Affordable Health Care Insurance Oversight.

Folks, you haven't seen so many faces of misery since you watched Les Miserables for three and a half hours...and they were all Democrats. And one of them, Senator Max Baucus, was the primary sponsor of Obamacare in the Senate!

Now, try to follow me here because this gets pretty complicated. (It seems that Nancy Pelosi was right; you DO have to pass Obamacare to find out what's in it...and the Democrats are now learning what the Republicans warned them about. It's an unworkable mess that is throwing millions of Americans off the health care rolls!)

Okay, apparently, tens of thousands of American employers began throwing workers off their health care plans and opting to pay the much lower federal fine for not offering health care for their workers. Thousands more are even now converting their full time workers to part time workers by limiting working hours per week to less than 30, in compliance with Obamacare rules. (Remember when Paul Ryan and the Republicans predicted employers would do this? Remember when Democrats were warned that employers would move to save operating expenses by moving their entire work force into federal healthcare exchanges?)

Now, these workers who have lost their health care benefits are busy trying to sign up for state health care exchanges. (There are Internet sites available if your state has agreed to sign up to Obamacare). However, when these American workers, soon to be without employee provided health care, go to the Health Exchange to sign up, they are finding they are not qualified! It seems that during the signup process, applicants are required to fill in various income and benefit data, which then flows over to IRS computers who then are to spit out what your premium costs will be and how much federal tax credits you'll receive in order to receive subsidies to help you afford health care premiums that are as much as 30% more than you were paying under your employer?s plan!

Big Problem! The IRS is only allowing somewhere around 9% subsidy support for Obamacare Health care Exchange premiums that are priced so much higher than the worker was paying under his employer plan! (Surprise, Surprise! Remember Republicans warning that forcing working Americans to pay for the 30 million leaches who pay nothing for their health care under Medicaid would drive the premiums of working Americans higher?)

Second Big Problem! The IRS computers won't mate up with the Health Care Exchange computers because the IRS computer system is obsolete! So when workers try to sign up for Obamacare the IRS and the Health Exchanges are telling applicants to go to pound sand!

And so fireworks really broke out at the Finance Committee hearings on Obamacare yesterday afternoon. Senator Max Baucus, (Dem), said.."how could this happen? I'm hearing from my constituents that they and their families have been left out in the cold and are without health care because the Exchanges are not accepting them!". Quote from Senator Bill Nelson, (Dem), Florida "my constituents are not going to be happy to hear this administration failed to implement the necessary changes to accommodate health care applicants...someone has to pay for this!" Similar outrage was professed by Senator Ron Wyden (Dem) from Oregon.

Sadly, Obama Program Director for the Health care Affordability Act was on hand to lend testimony. All he could seem to do was sympathize with his Democratic buddies, saying that maybe the problems could be ironed out by the end of 2014 but could offer no ideas about how that could be done.

An Update! This morning a Harvard economics professor came on CNBC and announced that, according to a federal study his group just completed, the Health and Human Services Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, is going to be forced to come back to this same committee, hat in hand, and request $700 billion dollars more be allocated to Obamacare just to pay for those automatically covered under current federal programs.

Also, sadly, the Wall Street Journal reported that, in addition to the 30 million Americans not currently covered under Obamacare, we can expect tens of millions more who will be left in the "no health care Twilight Zone"; those who were doing just fine with their employee health care plan until Obamacare was implemented this year. And many of those who were working 40 hour weeks will find themselves deemed "part time employees" working less than 30 hours per week and unable to afford Obama's premiums even if they could get through the application process.

And, as usual, while the working poor and the rapidly declining middle class will be out in the cold without any health care, the Medicaid/Welfare leaches have no worry. They are covered by that $700 billion dollar pot of gold that Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services will be demanding from Congress soon!

Sad. Doggone sad.
    It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's never going to go away. They will never admit it was/is a mistake and a huge cluster ____. Like Ric said above they will just throw more money at it. At this stage what is another Trillion or two or 3 anyway?

It is one heck of a mess, but the clowns in charge will be okay, and that is what matters. Even in the nastiest most impoverish country you can think of there was always enough wealth for the rulers/dicators to ride in limos. The whole economy could collaspe in this country but there will be still be enough money and fuel to keep Airforce One going. Obama, Reid, Pelosi will have the finest healthcare so what's the problem?

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

All the more reason for the Republicans to get their shi7 together (Tea Party 101) and ram it down their throats right now.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

But, it creates the desired outcome: a Nest with millions of heads sticking up out of it with their mouths open, cheeping, "feed me! You promised me something! Feed me!"

Which is exactly how Democrats want citizens to look at their government.

"You owe me something."

"We made a deal!"

"It's not an entitlement - I paid into this!"

"Gimme my benefits."

...and so on. Another generation of Americans who thinks "they have a deal" with the Government. Which Democrats will be all too happy to ride in on the White Horse and deliver - if those fiendish, rich-loving Republicans will just let them.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

What you have here is the unmovable object against the unstoppable force. The only possible result is destruction, and I think that's where we're headed.
    I think the only thing that can fix this country now IS destruction, and it isn't going to be pretty.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, in 5 years that chirp, chirp, chirp will become a chorus of single payer, single payer, single payer and it will be sung by everybody. The white flag will be flung, just deliver us from this bureaucratic nightmare. No normal individual, business, will be able to deal with the madness. Just surrender.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Wireguy, I think you're on to something. The only way to fix the present mess is for it to collaspe, and then rebuild.

We should all head down and sign up for all the freebies. Don't be the last sucker left working.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Right on Bisi.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buzz is exactly correct of course.

It is also important to recognize that the federal government does not care if it fails because that would simply lead to what they wanted in the first place -- a total government take-over of the entire medical system with a single-payer scheme.

-Gary

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When will there be a public reading of the Bill? HMB

11. burtona

burtona Member

Lots more of this stuff to come! This is what happens when you have more "Takers" than "Makers". You ain't seen nothing yet? Glad I won't live to see the worst to come which is now inevitable. But my children and grandchildren will! Sad!

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Max Baucus is now saying Obamacare is heading for a hugh trainwreck. And this is the clown who was one of the major supporters of this _____.

Is anybody surprised, other than the clowns in congress who voted for this thing? Everybody else knew it is going to be one major cluster____?

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good name for her. I couldn't put my finger on what it was about her but you are right, the eyes. Bulge.

15. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Let's not forget Judge Roberts. He also has a hand in this mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.