1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obamacare is really working

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I just got back from the grocery store. As usual I picked the wrong check out line. I went to the shortest line with only 1 person in front of me. After the cashier checked out the person in front of me she turn and yelled "I'm leaving, I need relief over here" to another employee. She turned to me and said "I'm sorry but I'm supposed to be off the clock, normally I would stay and cash you out but nobody in this store is allowed to work over 30 hours a week anymore. Used to be able to work as much as I wanted, but not anymore". Then she turned and left, and I had to wait for a new cashier.

I know the manager and he told me a month or so ago that because of Obamacare they weren't going to allow anybody to work over 25 to 30 hrs a week anymore. I don't if the cashier knows it is due to Obamacare that her hours have been cut or not, but that is the reason.

A month ago she had a job where she could work as many hours a week as she wanted without health insurance, to working a job with less hours and still no health insurance. The kicker is if she could work all the hours she wanted or needed she could of probably afforded to buy a health insurance policy on her own. Now she can't do that working less than 30 hours a week.

ObamaCare a 3000 plus page bill nobody read, now we are going to get a 1100 page immigration bill that nobody read. Obamaimmigration?

2. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

So many young people are faced with this - two part time jobs and no benefits. We as a Country are going so backwards, it's close to being 1930 again with all the 1930 problems. 1930 recreated for you compliments of the Obama administration. Will it take us 15-20 years to get out of this canyon of debt?

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Many of these workers voted for this, and this is their unintended consequence.

They forgot TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Someone has to pay for all this. Businesses are not going to roll over and absorb these costs. The workforce is expendable. So depending on the size of the business there will either be layoffs to keep the workforce under the limit, or workers will have hours cut to stay under the that limit.

I hope they're still cheering for their hero when Obama claims he had created more jobs with Obamacare. Because he will be. New part time workers will have to be hired to cover the shortened shifts. Everyone should be happy!

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Brian, that is why we need amnesty for the illegals, because now it is going to take 2 people to cover a 40 hour week.

We're screwed.

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Brian,

If I may borrow from another thread, it's their 'unconscious' consequences.

kip

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

It's working ok, as some of you know I am retired from the Air Force. As of Feb. my medicine went from five dollars to forty three. My wife is no longer covered for local doctors and can't go to a military hospital unless it is an emergency. The insurance called Tricare Prime which I was paying for is no longer available where I live which means she has to travel 50 to 80 miles to see a doctor if we can find one that will accept her at Tricare rates. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating anything physical happening to Obama but I would certainly like to see him come to his senses. The 140 million dollars he and his wife has spent vacationing would have gone a long way to helping me out with my medical care. Jackie B.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Even Germany has figured out this bumbler.
    [​IMG]

Bob Falfa

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Of course to say "working" you have to take into account the over 38 million that "STILL" will not have insurance, the $2,000 co pay requirement, or the well over 150% ins. premium increase in cost! Not to mention the 6.2 TRILLION added to the national debt and the "regulated" health care benifits that will just lety you die if you are too old! Of course Congress and the "Kenyan" and his family WON"T have to go under it!