1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Danny56, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Don't know if it has been posted before but here it is. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8298580.stm

2. The Stive

The Stive Member

I heard about it on the radio. They said that had to have been put up for the award 11 days into his term. Perhaps all of those photo opps were part of the campaign to have him selected. What could he have done in just 11 days? John

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Just GREAT news. Now he joins such notibles as Al Gore,Jimmy Carter, Woodrow Wilson and the most wonderful "peacemaker of all time" Yasser Arafat!!!!!!!

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

They're using the NPP as a carrot-and-stick to influence American policy.

Any American Prez who covets an NPP, can get one by signing onto "The List" (Global Warming, Anti-Nuke, etc.)

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I believe he got the award by being the person who when running for the office of the presidency let the world know that America was back. She is the shining light that the others of the world look to in times of trouble and the one tru super power left in the world. The rest of the world knew that when the votes were counted that public opinion once again mattered in our stance on issues that are important to the world. Big business and corporations did not set our agenda. That's my opinion I know there are a lot of the right wingers who don't like the idea of him getting this award but they can take solace in the fact that the others who chose the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize saw fit to choose for beliefs and not simply actions. Dan

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Dahaub,

Read the Times article from yesterday, showing the phone call logs of how many Wall St. phone calls Geithner has taken - if you think Big Business doesn't pull strings on the Obamas. I'll post it if I can find it again - it's a real eye-opener.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Dahaub,

You are a breath of fresh air!!

When ever I get down over the Idiots in DC and the road they are sending us down, All I have to do is get on TS and find one of your reply's, and I bust a gut laughing!!!!!!!

Brainwashing is ALIVE and well in the Great US, starts with every nites newscast.

Obama winning reminds me of this generations no scoreing of games the kiddy's play, "Everybody wins because no one losts because we don't keep score"
    YaHoooooooooooooooo Obama won

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This sums it up pretty well.

Curt

9. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Did I miss something? What was it he did to receive this award? Sorry, but I'm at a loss to recall anything this president has done to be considered for this award.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I cant stand the SOB but I do wish he would get busy doing things that are important instead of trying to impress everyone. His agenda is f%%%%% up

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The lefties in Norway missed Carter.

Dan's idol is in the company of Jimmy CArter , Al Gore, and Yasser Arafat. One is a meddling fool, one a self aggrandizing pitchman, and the last a terrorist.

Their latest award is to someone who has done exactly nothing.

This is indicative of the lows the prize, if you can call it that has sunk. The people awarding it do so for strictly political purposes.

Giving it to a President who has 2 wars going is the epitome of stupidity.

Definitely not a peace prize any more. Previous recipients must be spinning in their graves.

Dahaub, your lobotomy is showing.

HM
    [​IMG]

HM

12. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Could this be a symptom of "Premature Adulation"?

13. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

That puts him right up there with a good friend and adviser Yasser Arafat.

Rock

Jim

14. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Big deal. So the world looks up to him. Thinks America might be on the right path for a change and can offer hope. Who cares?

We can run everything ourselves, just like we always have.

Don't need no medical reform, either.

We just need bigger and more fences, more bombs and Joe the Plumber to run things.

Unread, inadequate and cheap.

15. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well guys let's keep an open mind here...for once.
    ...Dahaub got it right
    Europe is more in love with Obama than most Americans are. The the NPP being a European award, it only makes sense. A few weeks ago our school hosted several Spanish exchange students, and all they wanted was Obama stuff, and nothing but. The world loves Obama and that's that. I don't know why anyone would try and spin this as a bad thing, or complain about how America is getting a better public image. Though we may be able to be just fine on our own, when we have others behind us we will be able to truly excel and again rise to the top, because lets be honest. We've been way off track lately.
    -Trappy

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

if they love him so much in europe,,,,what happened to his olympic pitch????

17. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Hey Trappy, before you start taking up the apologetic rhetoric of our current leader, take a history class and try to learn about all the bad things America has done to the world. It is a damn short list and I am personally have had enough of people telling this country what a piece of crap it is. If it wasn't for this county and what it has done FOR the world and not TO the world this country wouldn't have the history it has. No other country in the history of the world has accomplished as much or done as much for the rest of the world as the United States of America. Learn some history then open your mouth!!

Brownk80

18. theclaysmoker

theclaysmoker TS Member

It's like going to a trap shoot and the cashier gives you a 100 straight pin before you go out and shoot. Give me a break.

19. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

...Obama's only involvement in the Olympic bid was his speech, and that's it. And nobody knows what the OIC is going to do anyways...still an open wound though...

Brown, you're damn right. But you know how people are, they only look for the bad in things.
    -Trappy

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

Hitler was nominated for the Prize in 1938 I believe. But his nomination was withdrawn.

I wonder who nominated the Big O?

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.