1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama wants to ban GUNS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HSLDS, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Well, to all of those of you who voted for him - you get the government you deserve.

I challenge you to explain President Obama's 'friend of gun owner position' in light of this.

David D

2. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I fully expect something to be banned under the new administration but I don't think it will happen for a little while. Americans are already shell shocked by all the crap washington is pulling right now and I think they are going to need to wait awhile before the next round.

My guess is that we will most likely see a massive tax increase on ammunition. Something like alcohol or tobacco taxes. I bet a little box of .22s goes for $50.00 in a couple of years. Hey, they need to pay for all the new welfare programs somehow!

Steve

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

OR it might be the best time to hit us some more. Just keep em reeling!

4. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Yes we know that banning guns is a bad idea.

In my opionion the NRA is a bit to far to the right but seem to be the only organization that fights for our rights so I just did the 40 payment plan for a life membership.

How about you?

Ronbo

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Russ25trap,

You don't get outside much do you? (LAW?)

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

But... I thought it was change we could believe in? Well, personally, I'm gonna keep my guns and my money, and Obama can keep the change.

Right on the white house website it lays out the administration's plans for the 2nd Amendment.

Taken from the link above:

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

Well now, if it's for the children, it can't be bad, can it??? Unfortunately, their "urban policy" will affect all of us in flyover country and in rural counties. It is very angering to have a big city Chicago gun-hater 2,400 miles away from me arrogantly and unconstitutionally dictating what I can do in rural Idaho.

If gun owners think the economy is going to keep Obama too busy to enact his restrictions on us, you would be mistaken. Eric Holder is right on track. Please write your legislators!

Jennifer

Idaho Co-Coordinator, Second Amendment Sisters

NRA Life Endowment

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The mulatto's position on guns was well documented by his Illinois legislature record.

It looks like his puppeteers are backing down in a futile effort to preserve votes.

16 months till payback.

HM

8. stims

stims TS Member

NRA a bit far to the right? for what defending our second amendmend? Where should they be Ronbo....in the middle like Obama pretended to be? give me a friggin break. But congrats on the EPL.

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Oddly, no one who admits voting for the man (or sup[porting him - trappy12 where are you??) has come forth to defend him on this one...

David D

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I'm sure Pelosi will want to act quicker; you really think that Obama wouldn't sign a gun bill brought to his desk? These people are preditors on your gun rights. Another thing, anyone notice how much more they lost on their 401(k)'s during February? Every time Obama or Geitner speaks the stock market pukes up (or is it pukes down?)your retirement. I am a proud member of the NRA for over 45 years. I urge you, who do not belong, to join the NRA and join the fight against these clowns (no offense to real clowns). BT-100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.