1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama wants gun control...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HSLDS, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

So he isn't try to go after firearms??

When will we, as a group learn that "GUNS" means shotguns, black plastic rifles, hi capacity magazines, pistols, rifles, etc. People who do not like guns do not like any of them and all of them.

As Thomas Paine said - "If we do not hang together we shall surely hang separately."

A thought for you...

If you do not think 'hi capacity magazines' will impact your shotgun shooting just look at these mini shells by Aguila (http://www.aguilaammo.com/) - most semi autos can hold 12 or more of these - suddenly your 391 or 1100 has a hi capacity magazine and needs to be banned... Don't think it can happen?? They actually tried this in NJ with 22 CB Caps making any tube fed 22 rifle illegal under the states hi capacity magazine ban.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

We need to get of this kick about what a firearm looks like and join together under the words "keep and bare arms"!

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

hate to tell ya but he isn't the only politician like that, and we can do more good by keeping the underlings out first.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

They still want to blame the laws. The laws were not the problem in the Arizona incident. The sheriffs dept. knew this guy had problems and did nothing.The sheriffs dept. was the problem there. All they have to do is enforce the laws we have and have mandatory death sentences for any crime committed with a gun that results in the death of an innocent person. Bulge.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mental health laws and privacy protected this individual. We dont want to give up our rights to privacy so what is the answer?

Obama- yea he might or might not raise some gun related issues. As an executive branch agency the ATF has a lot of discretion in what it does just as local governments do-- again - so what?

Arguments are usually caused by a conflict of rights between individual or groups. For example no smoking in the work place. Why should non smokers have been damaged by smokers for 225 years before federal and state governments heard their cry to be protected.

Same here- if you alienate the middle or the majority, they will ask to be protected.

If it is us against them they far outnumber us- The NRA is really the only group for gun advocates and most of the people that post here are flatly too cheap to belong to the NRA.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

He was kicked out of college. The shooter was not permitted to join the military because of his state of mind. Those two things alone should have put up a red flag for all to see. Even the police knew he was a big problem.

I hate to say this but who's to say the OBAMA machine didn't have something to do with the shooting just to get around the Fed Supreme Court decision on gun ownership. He did in the beginning of his campaign for the White House said he was going to go after guns. I wouldn't put it past him to do so.

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Gene + 1

Buz

8. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Gene + 2

The NRA hands down is the most effective pro-gun organization fighting for all of our rights around the nation and at the united nations....

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bingo. See my thread about BATF going after shotguns. Enforcing existing laws with tighter scrutiny. Some of the tighter scrutiny is horsecrap right out of VPC pamplets and web pages.

Make no mistake, Obama knows that if pushes new laws there will be a voter backlash on Democrats. But he's banking on no one blaming Dems if he does it via the backdoor.

You can put the blame directly on those weak sister gun owners who managed to come up with some excuse to vote for Dems and/or Obama. Enjoy reaping what you sowed.

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

"............most of the people that post here are flatly too cheap to belong to the NRA" (Gene)

I question that statement, I would assume that MOST of the people who post here are NRA members?

John C. Saubak

NRA Life Member

11. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

Annual member!!!

I'm all for gun control!!I scored 25/25 on my CCW test! Now for an 'old geezer', that's my kind of gun control!!Don't expect to ever remove it from the holster in anger, but if needed it's always handy!!

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

As long as there are liberals, democrats, and RINO's they will be after our firearms!!

They take a oath of office to uphold the Constitution, only to constantly try and destory it!

13. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

Don't forget the NJ is the one of the most ANTI states if not the most ANTI state of all. If you enjoy firearms it could not be made any clearer that you are a minority and not wanted in NJ. Maybe it is just me but I can tell you that if I really enjoyed a variety or arms and ammo I would not pick NJ or DC to live. That is just asking for trouble. OK flame away.

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

You guys don't get it. It is NOT about GUN CONTROL. It is about CONTROL, PERIOD.

As long as we possess arms, this can only go so far.

In my never-to-be-humble opinion, the lust to control others is a mental disease, akin to liberalism.

15. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Gee, what a surprise. A no-account Illinois career politician favors gun control. ANY SHOOTER WHO VOTES FOR OBAMA IS A FOOL. There, think that's clear enough?

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The thread should be entitled - Obama wants CONTROL .............of everything.

17. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Happy to see people are of a like mind to me...

David D

18. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Gun control means hitting the target every time.
    We go after obama and the dems no matter what and for what the new class of repubs who are not allowed to speak to us we give a warning you and the old guys left are not safe. Lee

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

???????????????

20. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

That's it! I'm not voting for him again! ;^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.