1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama vs. Romney: Playground Rhetoric

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chango2, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hmm...it occured to me how juvenile some of the sound bites regarding both Romney and Obama have been...and some of their statements juvenile. To wit: Obama suggesting that businessmen didn't build anything. (my words) Oh, come on Mr. President, we are not that stupid; in today's world nobody is entirely self made...I mean is the aerospace company machining products not self made 'cause somebody else made the CNC machine?

And Mr. Romney: Come on, that 47% statement, i.e., to paraphrase, that 47% do not care and implicitly that he is not speaking to them. Then the Dems. stating that Romney has no sense of the frustrations the less than rich face. Come on, his father, for example, encouraged cars for the lower middle class, the up and coming, (read 50's) and one would think that his LDS background would at least have exposed him to the need for charity, helping one's fellow man, and the like.

Consider also: It is the conservative population in our country that donates more per capita compared to the liberal population.

So we are stuck on the playground: "You rich kids had everything given to you" by implication and "You poor people hardly vote with consideration"...

Nah, Nah, Nah, neener, neener, neener...

Well at least voting is no longer held around a whiskey barrel and votes are given via oral and public vote. But hope we get more propriety and just common sense in reported and given statements...reported by the media and given by the candidates.

Hope the debates are more than mere entertainment and fodder for late night talk show hosts...

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

The kids have it figured out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.