1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama trying to influence the Senate Vote in Mass-

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Obama trying to influence the Senate Vote in Mass- by exempting Unions from Health Care taxes
    This just dawned on me, I know it is unusual for someone from Iowa to have original thoughts, but the announcement of exempting union members and unions from health care taxes through 2017 is meant to sway the Massachusetts election Tuesday.
    I originally thought that the exemption was just a constitutionally illegal action of administration to favor one class of people, union members, over all others.
    I have thought about the timing though and realize it is meant to gain voter support in Massachusetts for the critical senate seat.

I am writing Senator Harkin and telling him that despite voting for him in every election, if he supports this measure I will never support him again and will actively campaign against anyone supporting this measure.

I further ask Senator Harkin to make his view on this known before Tuesdays election and call for Senate investigation of that candidates race and the possible solicitation of the this type of support.

The Executive branch may be immune from being held accountable in this but neither the Democratic National Committee nor the Senate candidate is immune from investigation.

I would urge each of you, regardless of party affiliation, to contact your elected officials and condemn this , if you value being an American above party affiliation.

Regards from Iowa

Gene Nosco

2. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Gene: I second your motion.. And even if they loose they won't certify the election until after health care has passed, so the Republican Senator won't get in the way.

I also DON'T BELIEVE that ANY Democrat on this site voted for "this kind of administration."

The shear Corruption of our current administration is rivaled only by Chicago Politics, which is exactly where it came from.

I have written my congressman and several RNC officials to stage a Republican Walkout during the upcoming State of the Union Address, in which Obama will pontificate on how they are bring such meaningful change to our country without the help of the Republican Party.

Since no Republican has been part of it, I think they should just leave!!!

I think all concerned Republicans should be writing their congressmen and Senators to do encourage this walkout.

This will make a statement that cannot be ignored by the American Public and can't be spun by the left wing press !!!!

I don't care which side of the isle your politics stand, anyone who thinks one party rule a good thing, is stupid in the extreme.

"Absolute Power Corrupts, Absolutely!

Think about it, what they are doing just ain't right, it's as simple as that.

Randy

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Emails are very effective- times have changed- they are more effective than letters now-

They have email "counters" which tell the politician which way the people that take time to check in are leaning and what the hot issues are.

I dont care if you are a Democrat or Republican- some of these things will impact us and our kids and their kids--- I am not saying health care is wrong I am saying that exempting certain people like Union members from paying for it is wrong.

Now they have taken out the penalty for not having health insurance even if you are making money-- so here you have a young person- negotiates higher pay and no health benefits at work-- he doesnt take out a plan-- and he needs medical treatment- he gets it-- and someone else carries his bill on their back.

Likewise trying to swing elections---that is nuts- trying to influence the the unusually high union electorate that is in Mass at the national level.

Nuts

Now what about this plan to tax banks and insurance companies- who do you think is going to pay for those taxes? The consumer of course- but if you dont have money in the bank ( then the interest rate doesnt bother you) or the stock value--- and the same with insurance-- its nuts

Obama can swing the stock market just by taxing banks and insurance companies with new taxes ( of course if you are considered "Poor" ?????????????????????????? despite making as much as someone that has saved or invested? He can drive interest rates paid on saving and dividends down with that approach also.. but it will also increase the cost of money for consumers and buisnesses

This is just nuts- doesnt matter if you are Dem or Rep

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Obama and his mob...(read: Rahm Emmanuel, Paul Begala, etal..)have brought typical Chicago "pay-to-play" THUG politics to the national level. Private closed-door meetings with Big Labor Bosses to exempt union members until 2018 from a tax every other American(who is insured by a qualified employer provided plan) will have to pay. I ask again...HOW THE H*LL is that the equal protection under the law guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution...???? This gang has to GO...they have to GO NOW. Our best hope is that Brown in Mass. is able to defeat Coakley THIS TUESDAY Jan. 19. If you haven't done so already....send him a CAMPAIGN DONATION. There's NO POINT saving your campaign money for the next election in your home state...by then it won't matter..!!!!!!! We need Brown elected by such a landslide that the Democrat thieves and their BIG LABOR buddies can't keep him out of his seat...That's right...HIS seat...it's NOT Kennedy's seat..!!!

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Why hasn't a Republican or Conservative filed a law suit about the constitutionality of exempting unions from a "cadillac insurance plan tax"? Is a tax on a cadillac insurance plan even legal??? Where in the constitution is this crap mentioned. These dumb asses are making it up as they go. There will be so many lawsuits contesting this crap, it will be 2020 before it's all ironed out.

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

In the last 20 minutes I have had a call from Coaklackey, and seen two attack ad and one regular Coakley ad....they are afraid of losing...

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can't file a law suit until it becomes law and someone is adversely effected. HMB

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

ten croaklackey ads in half hour....

9. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

Obama will probably motivate Republicans to vote not Demos. He's getting radioactive quickly. God help Mr Brown get elected.

10. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

God's kinda busy right now...
    Whattaya say WE send financial help to get this guy(Scott Brown) elected...!!!
    HELP HIM HELP US...!!!!!!!!!

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

This is just the beginning......they have so much to lose here that there will probably be "union guys" hanging around the polls to help influence your choice and protect their sweetheart insurance deal. Not to mention the back room vote counting allegations that will surely arise out of this. I'm sure they'd stoop to anything for a win in Mass.

Should make for a great Jerry Springer episode.

12. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Make a donation. Just google Scott Brown. I sure hope he wins.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.