1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama talking to the kids

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by warren, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I agree what's up with that guy anyway, he's just asking for it.

warren

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I want my kid to listen to what the president has to say and I want to discuss that with her. Why keep the next generation in the dark? At some point our kids are going to vote and they need to have some experience on the differences between the candidates. Brainwashing is a two way street that doesn't go anywhere good.

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I am posting this address in two places in the post because I don't know if the whole thing will fit in the URL box above

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10582301/President-Obama's-Address-to-Students-Across-America-September-8-2009

Mr. Roach if you feel that this is something you don't want your children to see keep them home from school on the 8th or insist that you be allowed to attend the viewing also.

wolfram

"At some point our kids are going to vote and they need to have some experience on the differences between the candidates. Brainwashing is a two way street that doesn't go anywhere good."

If that is the case why is he targeting PreK-6 grade students only. It would seem to me that the kids that need to learn who to vote for are those from. Jr.High through High School. They are the one that will need to exercise it first.

It seem to me if they start very young on the Brain washing as you put it the job will be much more complete when it comes time to vote.

Bob Lawless

4. Damifino

Damifino Member

my kid is NOT going to school on the 8th. We are going to the range instead.

The part about this that frosts me is the assignment that "students write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president. These should be collected and redistributed at an appropriate later date by the teacher to make students accountable to their goals."

It is not American to pledge support to a man - we support the Constitution and its ideals of liberty and freedom. This is just wrong.

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

The problem I have with it is.... Obama is not the POTUS. His Czars are running the show. Just look at them.<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yt66eWnjoTo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yt66eWnjoTo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jerbear

6. JOND

JOND TS Member

Will I be able to view and/or hear what is said so that I could intelligently discuss his statements with the the child? I add,in it's entirety? JOND

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

"AND, kiddies, don't forget to tell your school's "diversity officer" if your parents say anything bad about the President."

My God, Hitler Youth and Stalin' KGB all wrapped up in one! Start the indoctrination early. How's THAT "change" for you?

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I could understand if the address would be due to a national emergency but not in this case. This is another way to promote the government and Obama's policies. Now what if it were promoting the military, would the address still be permitted in the classroom? BT-100dc

9. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

This is truely unbelievable. I am not one to get all worked up and try to think critically of Rush and the like. However, this is one of the scariest things I have heard in quite some time. Have you noticed that about half the commercials on television these days are government run propaganda adds. They tell us to eat correctly, conserve electricity, and on and one. Since when is it the governments job to spend my tax money to tell fat people to stop eating. I am likely on a watch list now, gun lover and obama "disagreer" lol if you don't hear from me again you know what happened.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

As I understand it Bob, there are two speaches. One for K-6 and one for 7-12. I would hope the president uses this time to impress upon the kids the value of education and that our country needs smart people to work through the problems of the future. He may even touch on subjects like our global economy and how badly many people are suffering in the current recession.

Now I am certainly not an Obama fan but I am willing to give him an opportunity here. Lets hear what he has to say and then decide if it is commie propaganda or if it has some merit.

And finally, yes you as a tax paying citizen can monitor all material provided to your child through the public school system. If you haven't been doing this all along or perhaps don't even know how to contact your educators then Obama brainwashing your kids is the least of your worries.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

birddogs,,,,especially if they say anything bad about "healthcare reform"

wolfram,,,,Something this unprecedented should be SCREENED _BEFORE_ the kids see it,,,,how many can or should take off work to go sit in the class and be able to explain what hussein said and why it is right or wrong,,,,IMO it is WRONG!!!!

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Obama says "Kiddies, we don't need no stinking ABM system!"

Or

"The Legacy of Slick Willie"

"
    China set to unveil new missiles: state media
    Sep 2 03:03 AM US/Eastern
    China will unveil a range of previously unknown missiles during its October 1 National Day parade, including intercontinental ballistic nuclear missiles, state media said Wednesday.

The new hardware on display also will include conventional cruise missiles and both short- and medium-range missiles, the Global Times newspaper reported, citing an unnamed People's Liberation Army source.

"These missiles are domestically designed and manufactured and have never been officially reported before," the source, who is with the PLA's strategic missile defence unit, was quoted as saying.

The weapons have already been distributed to the military and are ready for operation, the source said.

China's missile development programme has caused concern overseas, particularly in the United States, amid projections that it could soon tip the security balance in the Taiwan Strait.

An August report by the Rand Corporation, a US think-tank, said China was increasing both the quantity and quality of its short-range ballistic missiles, which could challenge the US's ability to protect Taiwan from possible attack.

China also caused alarm overseas in 2007 when it successfully tested an anti-satellite missile, raising fears of a space arms race.

China issued a military policy white paper earlier this year, saying its missile programme was aimed mainly at "deterrence".

However, it added it was also capable of "conducting nuclear counter-attacks and precision strikes with conventional missiles."

China will stage a huge military parade and pageant in Beijing on October 1 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding of communist China.

The parades, held every 10 years, typically showcase new-generation weapons systems and are closely scrutinised by both domestic and foreign military watchers for clues about Chinese development trends.

The expert quoted by the Global Times did not reveal the model names or numbers of the missiles.

However, missiles believed to have been developed by China include the Dongfeng 41, a solid-fuel ICBM with an estimated range of up to 12,000 kilometres (7,500 miles).

The missile would be China's longest-range ICBM, according to US-based GlobalSecurity.org, a leading independent source of military information.

Copyright AFP 2008, AFP stories and photos shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium"

13. AKJim

AKJim TS Member

Intelligent, and free thinking people already have BHO's number. We don't need to listen to anything else from him, because we know what and where it is coming from, and what is intended by it. Anyone who knows anything about history should get chills up and down their spines when they hear what the president and members of Congress want to do to us, for our own good of course. After all, they are so much smarter than we are.

The very large majority of this forum does understand. There may be a few slow to learn, but they will learn. Then there are the trolls...

14. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I guess parents have no rights when it comes to what their children have to listen to anymore. maybe next time it will be a speech from the ayatollah.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "Kids, be sure to tell your teacher if your parents have guns."<br>
    <br>
    Excerpt from the upcoming Obama Jugend manual.

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Gee, I don't have a TV in my class room darn it!

17. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Community organization takes place at all levels.

First, organize the teachers via their union, then the kids. If the teachers promote what Obama tells the kids then it's just another step until we have "Obama Youth" and total indoctrination.

The flower children of the '60's are now running education. What would you expect from them now?

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I remember when home schooling seemed odd to most people. I bet there are a lot more people who seriously take a look at it these days.

19. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

From powerline blog,,,,,,

Inexpressibly Lame

Share Post PrintSeptember 1, 2009 Posted by John at 8:05 PM
    President Obama will deliver a webcast speech to the nation's students on September 8, the first day back at school for many kids. The Secretary of Education describes the event:

The President will challenge students to work hard, set educational goals, and take responsibility for their learning. He will also call for a shared responsibility and commitment on the part of students, parents and educators to ensure that every child in every school receives the best education possible so they can compete in the global economy for good jobs and live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens. ...
    This is the first time an American president has spoken directly to the nation's school children about persisting and succeeding in school. We encourage you to use this historic moment to help your students get focused and begin the school year strong.

Some conservatives, like Hugh Hewitt, are up in arms about the speech. Hugh argues "that the president has no business injecting himself into every classroom or suggesting to teachers that they help students figure out how they can help the president." The speech doesn't really seem that sinister to me. But it does strike me as incredibly, inexpressibly lame--President Obama at his geekiest.

Which is, actually, the mode in which I like him best. But I guarantee that America's school children won't see it that way. To appreciate fully how lame this event is going to be you have to read the menu of classroom activities that teachers are asked to lead in conjunction with the speech. The linked activities are for grades 7-12; there is another set for elementary school kids. Here are some excerpts:

Before the speech:
    * Quick Write or Think/Pair/Share (Students spend a few minutes Thinking and writing about the question; Paired with another student to discuss, then Sharing their ideas with the class as a whole). What do we associate with the words responsibility, persistence, and goals? How would we define each term? A teacher might create a web of student ideas for each of the words. ...
    * Short readings. Notable quotes excerpted (and posted in large print on board) from President Obama's speeches about education. Teacher might ask students to think alone, compare ideas with a partner, and share their collaborations with the class (Think/Pair/Share) about the following: What are our interpretations of these excerpts? Based on these excerpts, what can we infer the President believes is important to be successful educationally?

During the speech:
    * Listening with a purpose: personal responsibility, goals, persistence. Teachers might ask pairs of students to create a word bank from the web of any one of the terms (personal responsibility, goals, or persistence) at the top of a double?column style notes page. On the right?hand side, students could take notes while President Obama talks about personal responsibility, or goals, or persistence, trying to capture direct quotations. At the end of the speech, students could then write the corresponding terms from the word bank in the left hand column, to increase retention and deepen their understanding of an important aspect of the speech.

After the speech Guided Discussion:
    * What resonated with you from President Obama's speech? What lines/phrases do you remember? ...
    * What are the three most important words in the speech? Rank them. What title would you give this speech? What's the thesis? ...
    * What do you believe are the challenges of your generation?
    * How can you be a part of addressing these challenges?

Try to put yourself in the place of a high school student confronted with this ordeal. It's worse than all of the lame "special events" I experienced in my school career, combined. It makes the grainy black and white filmstrip of lung cancer surgery that we had to watch back in the early 1960s--Don't smoke!--look like Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The only possible reaction by any self-respecting American adolescent is rebellion. An hour of this stuff, and President Obama will be the least cool person on the planet. No, in the galaxy.

President Obama's only hope is a denial of service attack on the White House web site by high school hackers who would rather slit their wrists than Think/Pair/Share on the topics of responsibility, persistence and goals, or participate in a Guided Discussion of the challenges of their generation.

I do believe Onumbnuts is a commie and should be stopped soon,,

20. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Take your kids to the park that day. Little minds of mush dont need to hear what this Jerks got to say...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.