1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama Spends Your Money Saving Jobs in ... Brazil!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JBrooks, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

hey you UAW Union guys, ya gotta love this.

"SAO PAULO -- General Motors plans to invest $1 billion in Brazil to avoid the kind of problems the U.S. automaker is facing in its home market, said the beleaguered car maker.

According to the president of GM Brazil-Mercosur, Jaime Ardila, the funding will come from the package of financial aid that the manufacturer will receive from the U.S. government and will be used to "complete the renovation of the line of products up to 2012."

2. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

I guess GM does not have a Kenyan plant?

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Yep,you gotta love it. About like the CEOS of Wall Street getting a (BONUS).

I will show them,I am going to go buy a KIA,yea right.

Is this like buying at Wal-Mart?The people working at Wal-Mart can't even buy a KIA.

I think it's called (NAFTA).

The US economy has hit an iceburg,and we are taking on water.

Life jackets,we already gave them to the (BANKERS).

Bocephas

4. Bocephas

Rebel,you must be in a higher class Wal-Mart than I have been.

We have a friend that has worked for Wal-Mart for 8 years.Half of her teeth are missing,good dental plan.She rides the bus to work.

Please explain to me how you are going to buy a $30,000 vehicle on $7.00 per hour.Most of the employees at Wal-Mart back here do not get 40 hours per week.
    24 to 32 hours per week.Is there a reason for this?You dam right.

Bocephas

5. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Bo, you sound like a bitter union guy with your WM bashing. FYI, I have a cousin who's kid started with WM in 1999 in their warehouse in Dallas. Today, after WM paid for her college, she is a regional or district manager making 6 figures. What WM offers is an opportunity for advancement...something unions don't and will never offer. WM is the US's largest private employer and the largest corporate money donor to schools, charities, etc. After all these years of the various unions trying to organize WM employees...they still avoid unions.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't know anyone who works for WalMart who only makes $7.00 per hour, Hell the checkers here get over $15.00 plus benefits ... The "Greeter" probably gets a lot less than that but its more than $7.00 per ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

I bet all the wal-mart worker's that shoot own at least one or two "P" or "K" gun's with those HUGE paycheck's, and only shoot new STS's throwing the empties right on the ground. Plenty of extra $, Count them wal-mart worker's at the grand this year. Let us know. I'm sure they are barely getting by, not much extra. It's to bad, but the truth.

Thank's Mike

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The store is located in Peoria, Arizona ... Most of the people who are working there have been long time WalMart employees and they made the choice to work at this location ... They are looking for help and have signs all over the store advertising the jobs, openings, and rate of pay ... Senior checkers are making $15.00 ($14.78 actually), probably half of them at this location are senior checkers based on seniority ... Not sure what the others are making but none of them look like they are starving ... I will have to check with a few people that I personally know that are working there to find out more ...

I never said anything about it being a big pay check but it obviously pays the bills and keep them off of welfare ... The people I know who are employed by WalMart seem happy to be working and are proud people who would rather work for less than some others might work for but they pay their bills and keep food on the table ... I give them credit for not being dead weight and doing what they have to do to make ends meet ... Hell, some of them even have second jobs but them seem damn happy to just be able to provide for their familys ... There is one fellow that works there they used to be a big time money maker at an auto dealer until they got rid of his job ... He probably was never in a WalMart until they gave him a job ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Bocephas

Wal-Mart truckers make top dollar.Other people working for Wal-Mart make a decent wage.These are a very small percent,based on the total number of employees Wal-Mart has.

So are all Wal-Mart workers happy?Here is your answer.

Wal-Mart settles 63 class action lawsuits related to overtime pay for workers or denied breaks for over $600,000,000.

More Class action lawsuits Pending.

So just look up Wal-Mart lawsuits,if you want to know more.It will take you 30 minutes to read all of them.

Yep, they treat their employees great.

Great Medical,Dental,401K,sick leave,vacation,paid overtime,paid Holidays,and last the economy the shape it's in with no jobs Wal-Mart has (Help Wanted Signs Up)I think this tells us something.

Bocephas

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

If the employees don't like it there,,,,they can always go somewhere else,,,,or can they,,,,many of them don't have the "skills" to find jobs elsewhere,,,,most have only have a high school diploma,,,,just how MUCH do you think a high school grad SHOULD make????

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bocephas,

I completely understand what you are saying but when you become or are the largest retailer in the world I would have to think sometimes things get away from you when it comes to operations and that can cause class actions lawsuits to be filed especially in todays world where everyone is looking for a reason to sue anyone ... I know several people who work for WalMart and none of them are complaining about lack of medical coverage or benefits they are getting from their employer ... They may not be able to afford to trapshoot,shoot new or any shells for that matter but none the less they are proud people who's familys come first and thats not all that bad when its all over ... Maybe they got it right and the rest of us are lacking what it means to be real and have real values ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. bigdogtx

Skeet,,,,get your pink panties out of a wad as you have absolutely NO IDEA what you spout,,,,maybe you can't admit that there are some people that will not/cannot get better than Wal-Mart,,,,btw little bubba, I have an Associates degree which I got with MY money working 2 and 3 jobs while helping my wife raise our kids,,,,so unless you KNOW what you are talking about, keep your stupid drivel to yourself!!!!!

13. bigdogtx

Maybe you should get one,,,,with an emphasis of english and economics!!!!

14. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Sorry union guys, evidently Obama was talking about the European Union not the Steelworkers Union out on the campaign trail. LOL

Obama Kissing Europe's Butt.

"The European Union warned the US yesterday against plunging the world into depression by adopting a planned “Buy American” policy, intensifying fears of a trade war.

The EU threatened to retaliate if the US Congress went ahead with sweeping measures in its $800 billion (£554 billion) stimulus plan to restrict spending to American goods and services.

Gordon Brown was caught in the crossfire as John Bruton, the EU Ambassador to Washington, said that “history has shown us” where the closing of markets leads — a clear reference to the Depression of the 1930s, triggered by US protectionist laws.

White House moves to protect Brand Obama Last night Mr Obama gave a strong signal that he would remove the most provocative passages from the Bill.

“I agree that we can’t send a protectionist message,” he said in an interview with Fox TV. “I want to see what kind of language we can work on this issue. I think it would be a mistake, though, at a time when worldwide trade is declining, for us to start sending a message that somehow we’re just looking after ourselves and not concerned with world trade.” "

15. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I used to work for many major medical device companies years ago. The tax law and labor laws was such that many companies and still do have many major manufactruing factories overseas and in South America. I used to travel to both areas to train workers so the devices could be sold very expensively and were made very cheap. I got to see alot of the world by doing this. I want to thank all of you taxpayers for not watching you elected officials and what they are doing. I couldn't afford to do this myself. Again thanks.

16. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Bo and likes, I agree with you. And I also agree that Obama appears to be doing nothing to slow down the loss of jobs from this country as a result of NAFTA.

Clinton screwed up signing NAFTA, and he should have vetoed it. But here is a list of bi-partisan Representatives and Senators and how they voted.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/1993/roll575.xml

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=103&session=1&vote=00395

Looks like Democrats and Republicans alike did their part to screw this country over and hurt American workers. Bush, and his Republican controlled house and senate the first 6 years of his administration did nothing to correct it, nor did the Democrats and Bush in the last 2 years of his administration. Sadly, I see and hear no effort on the part of Obama and the Democrat controlled house and senate doing anything to eliminate NAFTA. And even though I voted for McCain, I don't think he would have done much differently either, especially after he voted for the first bail out.

I don't see any happy wal-mart workers in my area, and I know of none making more than $10 to $11 per hour unless they are management. How much should a guy or lady with a highschool diploma make . . .? I always thought the American dream was that you could earn enough to live on, raise a family, and give your kids a better life than you had, provided you showed up for work and gave an honest days work. However, based on the laziness of many workers and the lack of opportunities in this country thanks to a$$hole politicians and greedy corporate officers, directors and shareholders, that is no longer the American dream.

Its time everybody realizes it doesn't matter whether you are democrat or republican, but whether our president, representatives and senators are red blooded Americans with some common sense who will do what is right for this country and not special interest groups. It has never been the party screwing us over but rather the persons succeptible to greed, tunnel visison, laziness and warped viewpoints that have created this mess. The signers of the declaration of independence would be rolling over in their graves if they saw what we have come to.

John Ertel

17. bigdogtx

Luvs,,,,even if hussein completely rescinds NAFTA, it will not stop US jobs from leaving this country,,,,when you look at the wage and tax bases that businesses are forced to pay AND the prices for goods that the rest of America are WILLING to pay,,,,businesses will continue to look for alternatives,,,,the only way to stop it would be large TARRIFFS and that will NOT happen!!!!

You are so right with regard to the American worker,,,,many years, approx. 30, our workers produced a HIGHER output per man hours than ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD,,,,(Paul Harvey used to talk about this every week on his show) business could afford to pay more to US workers as it was still profitable,,,,when we started shipping out our technology and intellectual property, other countries lowered their cost per unit,,,,now add in the much lower wages that they are paying today, and it is a no brainer for the corporate head,,,,he has to answer to the BOD and shareholders or his job is on the line,,,,any way he/she can increase corporate revenue, they will do,,,,just look at the number of illegal workers at the packing plants, construction, landscape etc.,,,,it happening in our own back yard and WE, myself included, are not screaming at our politicians enough for punishment!!!!

18. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

BDT, I would love to see large Tarriffs too, but I think you're correct and we won't ever see them. Rescinding of NAFTA probably won't stop all U.S. jobs from leaving the country, but I sure hate to pay full price for a Carhart jacket made in Mexico or China, when I paid less for them several years ago when they were made in America.

I may be sentimental and foolish with my money, but unless products made in foreign countries, (with the exception of Germany, Austria or Romania (european optics)) are 50% less than what an American made product costs, I try real hard to buy American. But it is nearly impossible to find any American made goods in Wal-Mart, except in the food section.

John Ertel

P.S. I also think we should close our borders until there is 0 unemployment, but we're never going to see that either, regardless of who is in control.

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Skeet2day,

Apparently you didn't attend "Collage". It shows. It takes so little on here to entertain most of us.

Rock on boys!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.