1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama & Special Olympics

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jevoliva, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

"Obama recently bowled a 129 game at the White House bowling alley. "That's very good, Mr. President," Leno sarcastically said. After Obama's performance at a bowling alley in Pennsylvania during the presidential campaign, 129 actually is much better.

It was then, according to Olbermann, that Obama said the 129 was akin to a score in a Special Olympics competition. Olbermann, live on the air this evening, said his producers were watching the feed of the Tonight Show taping. The AP says Obama's remark was that the score was "like the Special Olympics or something."

Olbermann guest Craig Ferguson, of CBS-TV's Late Late Show, said the White House may want to beg NBC to cut that comment from the Tonight Show broadcast."

Is it more shocking that he made this idiotic mistake or that Olbermann reported it?

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

The media just never stops trying to destroy this amazing man...sigh...

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Olbermann and Maddow are garden slugs. Their stock in trade is sneering schoolboy sarcasm which they thing is brilliant and humorous. a Battery acid enema would suffice.

HM

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Obama is an arrogant idiot. To equate his ineptness to those kids trying their best in the Special Olympics is beyond insulting and beyond stupid.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

However, in Obama's Perfect World, the kids in the Special Olympics would never have been born, they would have been aborted, so insulting them doesn't count.

6. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

imagine the hell that would be raised if GW or heaven forbid Cheny would have said this.

7. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Aside from his comment...I'd kiss someone's butt to get get a 129 while bowling! That's a game I just can't do...

8. drh08

drh08 TS Member

We have no sense of humor in this country anymore. We all run around saying you can't say or do that because you could offend someone. I am sick of everyone crying fowl you just offended me. If someone saying something that offends you destroys your self esteem and you can't move forward in life, you have other issues.

I am also positive a blind man with a seeing eye dog can shoot better trap scores than I do. Please people learn to laugh and life will be a lot more fun.

Guess what Obama sucks at bowling, however her is still better than I am.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

There is nothing funnier than a liberal getting burned by the political correctness that they created. But when they do it it is quickly overlooked, but when a conservative does it they never let it go. By the way, I am not a great bowler and only bowl a couple of times every few years but I can easily beat his score. He sucks at bowling. He should stick to basketball.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

129, thats in the 6th or 7th frame right ..? The Boy needs a lot of practice if thats what he wants to do as a back up for when he gets impeached ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

drh08, my initial reaction was like yours, this pc stuff has gotten ridiculous,
    I think most people would realize hussein wasn't taking a swipe at the Special Olympics, but himself. However highflyer is right, if GW said this we would read and hear about it for months. I think it's great that hussein get some time under that magnifying glass for a change. Harv

12. drh08

drh08 TS Member

I agree with the GW point of view, but this is getting just stupid from way to many sides.

I would fake being a mute if I were in office then claim hearing loss and certainly wouldn't do anything because someone is going to be offended. Hey I would be better than most wouldn't I, I wouldn't get anything done, let the chips fall where that will.

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

King BaRry, Meet Susan:

"I would like to introduce you to someone who just happens to be a bowler in the Special Olympics. Her name is Susan and here is a picture of her receiving her gold medal this year. The next time you decide to leave home without your Teleprompter, maybe you should wait for your brain to engage before putting your mouth in gear."

14. ismah

ismah Member

I think JBROOKS is mentally handicapped. All that poison has eaten her brain.

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I see people who are handicapped at the bowling alley a lot and they are the only ones who don't think or know they are handicapped ... These people (Handicapables) have more fun than any of the serious bowlers with high averages and are a hoot to watch as they just have fun ... There is actually a league for the people who are considered to be handicapped by other people ... It would bring a tear to your eyes to watch them and appreciate what they have accomplished when their named gets called out for shooting a score of 100, let alone a 129 ... You would think they just won the Grand American Handicap Championship ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Barry puts his foot in his mouth so far that he leaves a footprint when he sits down.

Poor ishy, your boy is a buffoon without a clue.

17. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

An absolute toxic waste dump of stupidity.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w20b8gL6SBI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w20b8gL6SBI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And this is the guy that wants to talk his way to world peace. Like to hear his verbal solution to dealing with these savages. He'd probably take another vacation or get scheduled for the Larry King Show instead.

PESHAWAR, Pakistan – "I am Khadija Abdul Qahaar. I am a convert to Islam. I have been advised to make this video. I am going to be killed at anytime." So began a chilling video released on Wednesday by Taliban militants who are holding Qahaar, a Canadian woman, hostage somewhere in the tribal areas of Pakistan.

Qahaar, whose former name is Beverly Giesbrecht, converted to Islam after 9/11. A 55-year-old journalist from Vancouver, she tried to travel into North Waziristan – one of the most dangerous areas in the world – last November with two Pakistani reporting assistants.

She wanted to interview survivors of the first ever U.S. drone attack in Bannu, a town in the Northwest Frontier Province, and then travel on to Miranshah, the main city of North Waziristan.

But Taliban militants, who patrol the Bannu-Miranshah road, intercepted Qahaar's taxi and dragged her and her two Pakistani companions out of their vehicle at gunpoint.

The video released Wednesday shows Qahaar sitting in a dark room with a dagger pointing at her as she makes a desperate plea for help.

"The time is very short now and my life is going to end, so I need someone to help me – either the Pakistani government or my own country. I want to go home," she said.

She pointed to the dagger and said that the Taliban were likely to behead her – as they did to Polish engineer Piotr Stanczak in February – if a ransom of $2 million was not paid by the end of March.

"These people are serious. Please help me," she said.

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I hope they do. Sounds like she asked for it but it also sounds like phoney baloney.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.