1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama says no guns for city folks.......

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Obama On Guns: They Should Only Be Used By Rural People To Hunt And Shoot Home Invaders<br>
    sayanythingblog.com ^ | November 25, 2007 | Rob<br>
    <br>
    Posted on 11/25/2007 8:48:04 PM PST by Jet Jaguar<br>
    <br>
    Because I’m sure that’s what the founders had in mind when they included the 2nd amendment in the constitution.<br>
    <br>
    “We should be able to combine respect for those traditions with our concern for kids who are being shot down. This is a classic example of us just applying some common sense, just being reasonable, right? And reasonable would say that lawful gun owners – I respect the Second Amendment. I think lawful gun owners should be able to hunt, be sportsmen, protect their families.<br>
    <br>
    “And by the way, Michelle, my wife, she was traveling up, I think, in eastern Iowa, she was driving through this nice, beautiful area, going through all this farmland and hills and rivers and she said ‘Boy, it’s really pretty up here,’ but she said, ‘But you know, I can see why if I was living out here, I’d want a gun. Because, you know, 911 is going to take some time before somebody responds. You know what I mean? You know, it’s like five miles between every house.’<br>
    <br>
    “So the point is, though, we should be able to do that, and we should be able to enforce laws that keep guns off the streets in inner cities because some unscrupulous gun dealer is, you know, letting somebody load up a van with a bunch of cheap handguns or sawed-off shotguns and dumping them and selling them for a profit in the streets.”<br>
    <br>
    That last statement sums up the idiocy of the entire gun control philosophy. Even if you could manage to eliminate all those handguns and shotguns used by gangs (and no gun control law could ever accomplish that as it’s a bit like putting toothpaste back in the tube), the guns in that scenario aren’t the problem. It’s the people who would use the guns to commit crimes and violence who are the problem.<br>
    <br>
    You take the guns out of that situation and you still have violent thugs looking to do violence. So maybe we should address why those people are criminals, and why they’re committing crimes, instead of just trying to ban the tools they use to do the crimes. Tools that could be replaced with something else.

2. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Hey, for a Democrat, the guy is a genius.

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I agree, our present Republican President is a genius, dontcha think?

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Our present president hasn't banned any guns.

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Obama...the same candidate who stood with his hands in his pockets, refusing to place his hand over his heart when the National Anthem is played....the same candidate who thinks drug use is ok, because "he did", and the same candidate who, while serving as a state senator from Illinois, voted to ban AND CONFISCATE semi auto firearms.

The man is a disgrace and the only thing more sad and disgraceful is that so many people support him

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Well spoken Steve Screw Obama!

7. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

OBAMA is a great spokesmsn , He can conjure up feeling of hope just as any black minister thats got the gift to talk , But no solutions except take away more honest peoples rights !Obama start talking about eliminating the cess-pools
    Of Bad gene,s in that decayed neighborhood !

Pat Kelley

8. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Does anybody else remember when the Democrats tried to trash Dan Quayle for VP based on his lack of experience? Seems to me that none of the Democrats other than Bill Richardson - who is far from top-tier - have even as much. Certainly Obama doesn't.

I've yet to see any serious Democrat candidate who is qualified to hold the office.

Tony

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The flipflopping liar or the clueless anti American.

Being a Democrat is not easy these days.

HM

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The problem is this:

Guns are an easy way for cowards to commit violence, if someone was going to commit a crime and did not have access to a gun and he or she was “really” serious other weapons of choice would be used. So get rid of the guns in the city the thugs will go to baseball bats or machetes...

Ronbo

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Our present President is a bloody idiot, no matter WHAT his stand on guns! One policy does not make a man!What about all the dumb things he's done or hasn't done! Don't put you head in the sand, just because he's pro-gun!

12. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

It's hard to vote for someone who uses that many you knows to make a statement, you know.

13. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Does anybody else remember when the Democrats tried to trash Dan Quayle for VP based on his lack of experience?**

That would be Dan "Potatoe" Quail?

14. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Potato ? or Potatoe's Dan wasnt presidential material either but one hell of a bunch better than OBAMA ! Bush needs help and wont get anything done . Military folks think he's lost . Im not making this up ! the military doesnt care for this mess . We are tied into .

Pat Kelley

15. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

It seems that the only other thing than trapshooting that trapshooters no less about is politics.

16. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

All that Hillary & Obama have done since being elected to the senate is run for Pesident.

17. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Hipshot, President Bush is trying to change the dynamics of a 100 year old failed middle east policy by dragging the people kicking and screaming out of the stone age and showing them a lifestyle that they may prefer to becoming a martyr. All the while feeling like a salmon swimming upstream against idiots of every liberal country in the world, not to mention the congress and voters who lack the crainial capacity to understand it.

Buz

18. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

It is called pandering. What he says sells in the voting blocks of cities and suburbs. Because of voter apathy, the stupid scheme can actually work. I vote and I encourage others to do so. But voter turnout numbers say that no one listens to me. Obama cannot get us - APATHY WILL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.