1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OBAMA SAYS HE WILL REINSTATE ASSAULT BAN

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

On Tuesday, 10-16-12 Fox Business News channel Lou Dobbs program, I saw a clip of Obama saying that he'll reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban if given a second term. This was stated on the Nickelodeon channel. This should be meaningful to every gun owner whether they own an assault rifle or not. If you participate in any shooting sport it should matter you. Please, please, please do not vote for Obama and any senator or representative who would bring this to fruition. Feel free to pile on. BT100dc

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Well I agree with you 100%. The problem is, you have brainwashed Libs some even on this forum who take the stance "if I don't need or want an Assault Rifle I don't care". Same Dumocrat said "I don't care about your damn Assault Rifles". Of course since he deletes all his posts, I can't cut and paste them for all to read. This is what we have to contend with. They don't understand it starts with one particular gun and then spreads like wildfires. Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Ain't that right musketman?? Sound familiar??

3. 548

548 Guest

Do you have a license to drive a car? Of course you do. Was it unreasonable for politicians to expect some type of training before allowing you to use public roads? Of course not. Is it in the best interest of the mass populace to have an educated motoring public so that rules and expectations are known and followed? Of course it is. Should the general public also expect some reasonable training and regulations regarding high capacity assault weapons? Time will tell.

4. 2labman

2labman Member

The real problem is the definition of "Assault Weapon"! They have/will skew it so that almost all if not all semi-auto hunting guns will be defined as an assault weapon.

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

There is nothing in the US Consitution about the right to own or drive an automobile.

There is something called the Second Amendment to the Constitution that says the right to bare arms shall not be infringed.

Now, go look up the word infringe.

Many States issue a driver's license as a "privilege"

Now, look the words "right" and "privilege"

6. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

what part of ban dont you understand. ban doesnt mean licence.

7. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

Your post makes no sense! The issue is not training and regulation it is a ban leading to potential confiscation.

To use your driving right example, we do not train people to drive better under the influence or monitor blood alcohol at taverns but we do arrest people who break the law and drive drunk. Same should be true for any firearm, punish those who break the law and leave the rest of us alone.

Make sure you vote the right way on this key issue.

Best Regards,

8. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Anyone who pays even scant attention should be not at all suprised the african born commie wants more gun control.That has been his MO since he first stuck his head out of that hut in Kenya. What gets me are the kool aid drinkers on here. This is a SHOOTING FORUM ! That should mean something to you. Cut your own throat because you believe in the messiah. And then some of the above mentioned have the audacity to lecture some of us about civility and being extreme! We are mean, we are unwilling to compromise. How do you compromise with morons?

Answer.... You don't. You defeat them and render them insignificant.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

When gun OWNERS start trying to decide what guns are "bad" or good, the gig is up, the left has won.

All guns are metal objects.

10. 548

548 Guest

Should an American protected by the 2nd Amendment be allowed to possess RPGs? How many? Not long ago there was a gentleman trying to sell a Mig fighter jet to the boys on Pawn Stars. Should an American protected by the 2nd Amendment who purchases said Mig fighter jet be allowed to arm his jet with jdam missiles? Where are the lines? I've read the second amendment many times and it seems to me the private citizen mig jet owner is free to arm it. See how fricking ridiculous that is.

11. grntitan

Very nice, now there is the musketman I was speaking of. Exactly the attitude I was explaining. Even a comment on the AR's.

Disability and unemployment? LOL now that's funny. Will you put in a good word with your almighty Obama and see if he can hook me up on both? I mean he has most of his voters on welfare anyway. Maybe you can get me one of those Obama phones too? Poor misguided musketman. Maybe you should read a little deeper. The benefits of family buisness. I do feel sorry that you have to work so hard you can't post more often but then we get enough of your Liberal garbage with what you do post. How about signing your name o mouth behind the sign on name? Tell us who you are so we can see just who this Obama fan really is.

Oh and by the way, I can shoot weekday events too.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Is a gun ban going to fix this? Must part of that huge recovery we heard about from the Wookie today.

Bob Falfa

13. 548

548 Guest

Rick, who says the subject is rifles? The word in the amendment is "arms". I think everyone agrees that RPGs and JDAMs are "arms". So the question is, am I not protected by the constitution if I possess a hanger full of RPGs and JDAMs?

The point is that there is an obvious need for the government to define and regulate "arms".

14. grntitan

Well I believe you can already legally own an RPG given the proper paperwork with the BATF is filed, you of course live in a State where such Class 3 devices are legal to own and you have paid your $200 tax stamp. I'm not sure but I believe it falls under a "Destructive Device". Hey, I say if you have that kinda money and can get it thru the BATF, more power to ya.

Here is one for sale:

http://www.autoweapons.com/photosn/photosfeb04/dd1-48rpg.html
    [​IMG]

15. dalog

dalog Member

He just said it again on the debate

16. 548

548 Guest

And if you are watching CNN, you can see Romney is flatlined on the undecided voter scale and Obamma is pegged at the top. Romney is not having a good night.

17. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

It will never happen there would be an uprising like non of us have ever seen

18. grntitan

"Now tell me why can't a pistol or, hunting rifle cannot be considered an assault weapon, if it can be so defined by a politician who uses such language in a bill he writes or sponsors?"

Rick,

It can and they will. They tried already with shotguns via numerous methods. They are slippery snakes. I just do not understand how a gun owner can vote for someone who has said he will ban guns. They get assault rifles they will move down the list.

19. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Obama just sold more ARs than all the gun salesmen in the U.S. !!

Ken

20. 548

548 Guest

Grntitan, like you, I am having trouble figuring out voters. I just don't see how any man married to a woman could vote for a party that will make decisions regarding your wife's body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.