1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama: Press seems to be changing tune.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is it my imagination or has the press changed their tune when it comes to Obama? You used to read where the big O was doing this, and doing that,and this was going to be accomplished or that was going to be accomplished.
    Now there seems to be a lot of "inherited from the previous administration" or, "policies inherited from the Bush administration". Seems to me they are looking for a scapegoat for the almighty.
    Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Any one else notice this? Bulge.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The House Democrats just passed their bloated budget without a single Republican vote. It is now their economy. 650,000 people lost their jobs last month. I remember the press saying during the Bush years things like "lastt monthg the economy ONLY created 100,000 new jobs, far below the 150,000 projected".

While our press continues to cover up for the bumbling buffoon, the foreign press is rapidly catching on to how Empty the Suit really is. From London Telegraph:

Barack Obama can't make rogues like North Korea play by his rules
    The US President is in no position promise to rid the world of the Bomb, says Janet Daley.

By Janet Daley
    Last Updated: 8:33AM BST 06 Apr 2009

So the White House got its headlines: "Obama promises nuclear-free world"; "Obama: 'We will put an end to nuclear weapons'." Yes sir, this guy is good. Barack Obama "promised" what it was not in his power to deliver and everybody believed him.

Does he (or anybody else) really think he can persuade India and Pakistan to give up their beloved nuclear capability while they glare at each other over an ever more hostile and terrifying border?

Does he think that any amount of rhetoric about a future based on hope rather than fear will convince China that possession of the Bomb doesn't give it more global clout than it has had for centuries? Or that the new kids on the nuclear block, North Korea and (any minute now) Iran will dismantle their toys in response to an American undertaking to reduce its arsenal by a fraction?

Obama is such a blundering, blubbering buffoon that the press is having a hard time glossing over his daily gaffes and stupidity.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Can't ya just feel the "Change"????

Makes ya wanna go right out, get a new pair of Birkenstocks, ride down the road in a Volvo singing Kum-by-ya, looking fer a tree to hug!!!!

Brings a tear to my eye...

Curt

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

In my opinion, a few (and so far only a few) in the press and elsewhere are begining (and only just beginning) to realize that Nobama is not the messiah after all. While he can deliver a "sermon on the mount" he cannot and never will be able to make a single loaf of bread feed the 5,000. Nor can he by some wave of a magic wand, change human nature nor make rogue countries such as Iran or North Korea suddenly want to sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya. Once they understand this, it is quite possible the "press" will turn on the Nobama as just another failed politician who can't give them paradise. Of course, this would take admitting they were wrong, and that may not be possible for them for a long time, if ever.

Jim R

5. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gIfV_tXn-qw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gIfV_tXn-qw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey brooks, if you're going to make a comment would you please come out a say what's on your mind. Don't beat around the "Bush". LOL.

Notice the pun on words "Bush". Bulge

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

The question is who will be blamed when Obama is linked to the scandal in our great state of Illinois AKA State of Corruption. Our recently removed govenor and his band of theives is going to reach the Whitehouse Rahm,Obama mark my words this will be a national scandal before it's over.

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

When this all started I figured they singled out the governor just to shift our attention away from hussein. He came very close to being exposed for what he is, and hopefully now it will all be made public(haha).

9. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I'm about sick of this Obama 24/7 bullshit,,every tv channel, every news paper, every radio station,,any similarities to Hitler here??? The sooner this nazi is gone the happier I'll be,,,

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Those of you who study history.. It's repeating itself a line at a time.. Look at the Carter years.. Everything fell... then the smoke screen as things started back up..(the phase we are in now).. I'd project a DJIA in the low 9's.. and then as the smoke clears.. you'll see what we have left.. No one is buying US dollars.. not even China at this time.. They have their coffers filled with our money now.. So do the Arab... oil producing world.. If it was ever dumped.. we could use the old US dollar for wall paper..

Once the smoke clears.. the inflation,unemployment,and destruction of our economy will really start to take hold.. Where we are now at is just the start of a very painful journey.I'm sorry to say..

I request your reply.. All Good.. Mike

11. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Bruce: If Blagenovich gets too close in involving Hussein and his cohorts; there might be repercussions. Does the name Vince Foster come to mind?? Ed

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

If you will take a dollar bill from your wallet you will see that it says it is a what?

Yep, China could get a boat load of these every month compliments of WalMart and every other retailer in America. However, what would China do with a boat load of dollar bills? So, they just leave them in their American bank accounts and use them to buy US Treasury Bills & Notes. This is far more convenient because each piece of paper that a US Treasury is printed on is worth 100,000 dollar bills. Much easier to carry around.

Now, what happens if the Chinese don't convert the little Federal Reserve notes into bigger denomination US Treasuries? Well, they just have a bigger bank balance earning them no interest unless they invest in instruments riskier than US treasuries. Good luck with that.

So, what happens if the Chinese want their notes paid off when they come due? Well, the Notes are payable in, you guessed it, more little Federal Reserve Notes just like the ones in your wallet.

"Hey Harry, the Chinese want a billion dollars by next week to redeem a billion dollars worth of Treasury Notes. You got enough paper and ink in stock to run off an extra billion?" "Good, fire up the presses."

The problem with this is that it causes inflation and suddenly the billion bucks is now really only worth the paper its printed on. the Chinese know this so they just roll over the Treasuries into more Treasuries.

So, the Chinese are more screwed than we are.

Nope, folks, at least we got all the stuff we bought at WalMart. The Chinese just have paper and ink.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Looks like the Canadians have it figured out.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama had all of the answers, problem was he didn't know the questions and was not prepared for what he got though he said he was ... Like the Democraps before him, he will fail miserably also but continue to blame it on the Republicans like those before him ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.