1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama on Gun control

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ArmySGM, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

September 5, 2008, 2:38 PM
    Obama: ‘I’m Not Going to Take Your Guns Away’
    Christopher Cooper reports from Duryea, Pa., on the presidential race.

The Obama campaign talks a lot about new ideas and expanding the political map, but in the swing state of Pennsylvania, which the campaign has focused on almost exclusively since the Democratic convention, old-school issues still rise to the fore.

The latest example came Friday during a small political event at SCHOTT North America Inc., a glass factory in Duryea, Pa., where even a hand-picked crowd threw Barack Obama a curve ball.

A woman in the crowd told Obama she had “heard a rumor” that he might be planning some sort of gun ban upon being elected president. Obama trotted out his standard policy stance, that he had a deep respect for the “traditions of gun ownership” but favored measures in big cities to keep guns out of the hands of “gang bangers and drug dealers’’ in big cities “who already have them and are shooting people.”

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.

So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

Gary

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

How could you tell he was lying......he moved his lips.

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

He'll just take our ammo instead. Or make it impossible to afford except for maybe the drug dealers. They have lots of money.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Let's talk about the REAL reason. An armed populace is a hell of a lot harder to subjugate.

They are trying to do the job with bullshit but it's not working very good.

If only the minions of the powerful had weapons the sheep would be mich easier to shear.

The right to own weapons is the right tobe free.

HM

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

WARNING: Move.org virus in this thread.......

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

He's a lying piece of shit!

7. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

" “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said."

To all of the liberals that have claimed Hussein Obama doesn't want to take our guns, you are full of B.S. Read his own words, again.

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=Obama2ndamendmantrights.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. Twixter

Twixter Member

He may say that he won't take our guns; but what about his friends in the senate. Pelosi. Boxer, schumer and on and on all through the democrats. If they purpose laws he'll back them. That's how our guns will go. Just my opinion. Mick (sorry about the spelling)

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Back in the spring when we had three people in the running, I sent each an email asking simply, "What is your position on gun control?" I received a 'thanks for asking' reply from Clinton and a response from B.O. that stated that he respected the rights of sportsmen even though he has never gone hunting or fishing but feels that we have to keep guns from the hands of the mentally unstable and criminally intent. He also stated that he would vote for the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban that the last Congress allowed to expire.

'Nuff said.

Ed

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My hunting rifle is an AR15. So is he going to ban my hunting rifle?

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Most certain, Brian.

13. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

If he (OBAMY) comes on the TV or even the radio I turn the channel. Cannot even stand to hear his voice ( gives me chills). Have you noticed that his FAT HEAD don't even fit his body?
    McCain/Palin that's our only ticket. My 2 cents.Rooferbob!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.