1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama official: Free speech is "unhealthy"....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So, let's see if I have this correct?<br>
    <br>
    A group of peaceful American citizens assemble around the country last Wednesday at various locations to protest the out of control level of federal spending and this expression and movement is "unhealthy"?<br>
    <br>
    And this from the same party that constantly has a protest at the drop of a pin?<br>
    <br>
    *****************<br>
    <br>
    WASHINGTON DC – Senior White House adviser David Axelrod on Sunday suggested the “Tea Party” movement is an “unhealthy” reaction to the tough economic climate facing the country.<br>
    <br>
    Axelrod was asked on CBS’s “Face the Nation” about the “spreading and very public disaffection” with the president’s fiscal policies seen at the “Tea Party” rallies around the country last week.<br>
    <br>
    “I think any time you have severe economic conditions there is always an element of disaffection that can mutate into something that’s unhealthy,” Axelrod said.<br>
    <br>
    Axelrod appeared to backtrack when pressed on whether the movement is unhealthy.<br>
    <br>
    “Well, this is a country where we value our liberties and our ability to express ourselves, and so far these are expressions,” he said.<br>
    <br>
    “The thing that bewilders me is that this president just cut taxes for 95 percent of the American people,” Axelrod argued. “I think the tea bags should be directed elsewhere because he certainly understands the burden that people face.”<br>
    <br>
    Democratic strategist James Carville disagreed with Axelrod on CNN’s “State of the Union” when John King asked him if it’s unhealthy for “an American to go out and hold a sign and say ‘I think my taxes are too high.’”<br>
    <br>
    Is this the beginning of the end for free speech? While it’s just talk now, could actions taken by the White House seek to limit public protest and dissenting speech? Thomas Jefferson once said, “The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive… I like a little rebellion now and then.”<br>
    <br>

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Obama official: Free speech is

Brian, you know we are just a bunch of racists according to some 2-bit actress,,,,If I am such a racist, why would I vote for J.C. Watts or Condi Rice or Walter Williams if they would run for president???? Would they??? Well then THEY must be RACISTS,,,,trying to stop the opposition from expression!!!!

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Heck, why do you think he's making nice with Chavez? Because his policies are the same in some ways (nationalization), and he can't afford to have Chavez criticizing him publicly about it. So he goes down there and shakes hands with the guy, gives him a nice photo op to parade in front of his state media...you can just imagine the conversation between them: "Hey, look, I'm a politician, you're a politician, we both want the same things...so let's agree, I won't make you look bad, if you won't make me look bad...and we can both get what we want."

It's simply a mutual non-embarrassment pact. Obama wants to buy off Chavez. He can't have him running around saying, "Look, the American President is a hypocrite...he says my policies are wrong, and yet, he's nationalizing his industries, he's cracking down on citizens who speak against him, he's just like ME." Conservative commentators could have a field day with that, and they'd be right.

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I am more convinced than ever that Obama plans on being our last president. He is consolidating power. He is positioning himself around the world as our savior saving us from a horrible past. They are already threatening talk radio and the internet as the only real opposition to them. They are trying to devalue the dollar and run up so much debt that we can only turn to the federal government for help and destroying retirement savings. They are going to nationalize health care. They are taking over control of the banks and some of our biggest corporations right now. He has said he is for change and getting rid of the old failed capitalist system. He will restack the courts in his favor and make citizens out of the millions of illegals. He is literally setting himself up to be our Chavez, our Castro. He is so arrogant he isn't really trying to hide it. You are witnessing the end of the America we knew, the end of freedom, the end of the Constitution.

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Already talk about another tea party on the 4th of July. Woo Hoo.... Keep it up.

Jerbear... Right Wing extremists

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Washington DC and our current one sided adminstration is wwhat is unhealthy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.